YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (52/73) > >>

IAA Fan:
I have seen him in two scrimmages, spring and a few practices Mayor. I like what I see, but not sure it is a real step-up. His throwing style is about the same as the others on open and short passes. Very different on the long ball. No question he has a good arm, has a very large arc on the ball. Positions the passes well, better than Davis, not as good as Wells or Mays. Seems to have the best (by far) speed on the ground. He truly out-ran a safety and 2 DB's on that TD last weekend. Then again, his plays were primarily running so we get a good look at him.

Let me point out how much I feel all of the QB's have improved Mayor. Could it be the presence of Hosick? Very well could be. Wells is playing as well as he has ever played ...Davis and Mays are playing better than they have ever played. Mays is on headset most all the time.

The YO Show:
13 days

The YO Show:
12 days!

ytownchief22:
Another rough day for the 1st team offense. Hosick looked pretty good with the 2's. Made some nice plays.

OleYSUfan:
I had a chance to watch the scrimmage today from 10-11. Out of the three QBs I saw, Hosick look very good running and passing the team right down the field. His 2nd time he fumbled and looked poor. Ricky did a couple nice runs and had a couple 6-10 yd passes; but he was unable to sustain a solid drive. Wells struggled, he threw a pass at the WR feet and then over the WR's head. He did throw one right on the numbers and the WR dropped it.

The defense looked good and had very good coverage on the WR's. I didn't see anyone throwing to any of the backs. I left at 11:00 so I don' t know what happened between 11:00 -12:30.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version