YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (27/73) > >>

ytownchief22:
I would guess it would be Fraser and Rotheram battling it out for the RT spot.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I totally agree wick. Bringing in Hosick will end up being one of the better off season moves made in a long time regardless who wins the starting job and I wouldn't look at it as a wasted scholarship if Hosick is not the guy. If we could have two 70 plus catch guys this offense will be in good shape if we stay healthy and yes chief Fraser and Roth are getting alot of snaps at RT

The YO Show:
Fever or anyone who has seen practices, I know that it is still early but how does offensive line play look so far? The Vindy article seems to suggest that it has improved. I was just looking for thoughts?

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Yo- I've not seen a fall practice , but just reported what I was told. I think the quality of play by Spencer, Colucci  and Eisenhuth over the years speaks volumes . We had a center problem over the course of last year and the coaches without question addressed it with bringing in Vitas. There should be a good battle between 3 players for the other spot and all 3 saw significant playing time last year. I think we have better depth and versatility on the offensive line this year, and a great coach in Bricillo. Had it not been for the Strickland issue and all the other injuries last year that group would have been very good even though we had some center issue's early on

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I must say I'm very impressed with the footwork and speed of Ricky Davis from some of the videos I've seen from camp. He is by far the most mobile quarterback we have and I thought that would be the other way around with Trent. You can tell Ricky has been really working hard since last year. AA Fan's comments on Ricky from the Spring are spot on. The vindy has an article today concerning the quarterbacks that is pretty interesting. Pellini made the comment he would use a two system quarterback again if it gives the team the best chance to win. IMO this will come down to two things, Does the offense have enough pieces in place for Hunters lack of mobility and can Ricky and Trent pick up all of the offense and make the reads and the throws needed? I personally think both have a ways to go in that department, but they are getting there..Just glad to see the heated competition going on!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version