YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Game

<< < (12/14) > >>

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on April 21, 2016, 10:35:47 PM ---Put Davis and Hosick in some of the same situations last season as Wells and they wouldn't have performed any better. How many times did we have a negative rushing attempt on first down and then another carry for know gain and then put Wells in a 3rd and 13 situation. Unfortunately quarterbacks can't catch the ball for the receivers. How much better do you want him to throw it to #9 in the NDS game? That was game set match. Sure his mechanics slipped up from his freshman year. Factor in all of the drops and his numbers probably would've been better then his freshman year. My point is this if you don't have a line, backs that can run up the middle, or a group of receivers who can catch the ball on a regular basis it really doesn't matter who your quarterback is and if he's mobile or not. If we have these same 3 problem area's in 2016 you will see what I mean

--- End quote ---

+1

FOOTBALLFEVER:
One more example is the Southern Illinois game. I believe Wells had 20 completions for 324 yards and 3 scores and wasn't sacked. Then again it's all the fault of Montgomery and Wells for giving up a eleven point lead with a couple minutes to go. Good things do happen when you play good around your quarterback.  Bo's comments were accurate throughout the season and it had nothing to do with trying to protect anyone player. These two games that I'm referring to put you at a 7-4 mark and playoff bound. Obviously quarterback isn't our only problem ☺

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on April 22, 2016, 07:02:36 AM ---One more example is the Southern Illinois game. I believe Wells had 20 completions for 324 yards and 3 scores and wasn't sacked. Then again it's all the fault of Montgomery and Wells for giving up a eleven point lead with a couple minutes to go. Good things do happen when you play good around your quarterback.  Bo's comments were accurate throughout the season and it had nothing to do with trying to protect anyone player. These two games that I'm referring to put you at a 7-4 mark and playoff bound. Obviously quarterback isn't our only problem ☺

--- End quote ---

Couldn't agree more

go guins:
"Put Davis and Hosick in some of the same situations last season as Wells and they wouldn't have performed any better."
As I have said many times recently on this blog, because you say it doesn't make it so.  How in the hell do you know what Hosick, or even Davis" so in a similar situation?  You are saying that bacause Weeden couldn't move the Browns for a couple years that NO QB could have done any better?  Seriously.  You don't know WHAT Hosick is capable of. 

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on April 22, 2016, 08:57:33 AM ---"Put Davis and Hosick in some of the same situations last season as Wells and they wouldn't have performed any better."
As I have said many times recently on this blog, because you say it doesn't make it so.  How in the hell do you know what Hosick, or even Davis" so in a similar situation?  You are saying that bacause Weeden couldn't move the Browns for a couple years that NO QB could have done any better?  Seriously.  You don't know WHAT Hosick is capable of.

--- End quote ---

You aren't serious are you?  I don't want to take the fodder but answer this:  Why was Trent Richardson so good at Alabama but no good in the NFL?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version