YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Game

<< < (11/14) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on April 20, 2016, 03:13:09 PM ---penguinpower: Very nice job of making my point for me.  I see (and saw live at the time) nothing but imcomplete passes.  When somebody needed to step up and make a play, nobody did.  Wells was O-fer as was Wells. 
What did Stick do in the second half after a dismail first half?

Ndsu   1-   at Ndsu32   NORTH DAKOTA STATE drive start at 14:53.
Ndsu   1-   at Ndsu32   King Frazier rush for 9 yards to the NDSU41 (Alexander, L.).
Ndsu   2-   at Ndsu41   Bruce Anderson rush for 3 yards to the NDSU44, 1ST DOWN NDSU (Rivers, Derek;Thompson, Eric).
Ndsu   1-   at Ndsu44   Easton Stick rush for 9 yards to the YSU47, out-of-bounds (Rivers, Derek).
Ndsu   2-   at Ysu47   Easton Stick pass complete to RJ Urzendowski for 41 yards to the YSU6, 1ST DOWN NDSU.
Ndsu   1-   at Ysu06   King Frazier rush for 3 yards to the YSU3 (Smith, Jameel;Dellovade, A.).
Ndsu   2-   at Ysu03   Easton Stick rush for 2 yards to the YSU1 (Dellovade, A.).
Ndsu   3-   at Ysu01   Easton Stick rush for no gain to the YSU1 (Rivers, Derek).
Ndsu   4-   at Ysu01   Easton Stick rush for 1 yard to the YSU0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 10:40.
Ndsu   1-   at Ndsu46   NORTH DAKOTA STATE drive start at 05:26.
Ndsu   1-   at Ndsu46   King Frazier rush for 7 yards to the YSU47 (Alexander, L.;Smith, Jameel).
Ndsu   2-3   at Ysu47   Bruce Anderson rush for 4 yards to the YSU43, 1ST DOWN NDSU (Alexander, L.;Dortch, Nate).
Ndsu   1-   at Ysu43   Easton Stick pass incomplete to RJ Urzendowski.
Ndsu   2-   at Ysu43   King Frazier rush for 1 yard to the YSU42 (Wright, Lee;Zaborsky, Steve).
Ndsu   3-9   at Ysu42   Easton Stick pass complete to Jeff Illies for 17 yards to the YSU25, 1ST DOWN NDSU (Wright, Lee).
Ndsu   1-   at Ysu25   Bruce Anderson rush for 3 yards to the YSU22 (Dellovade, A.).
Ndsu   2-7   at Ysu22   King Frazier rush for 4 yards to the YSU18 (Dellovade, A.).
Ndsu   3-3   at Ysu18   Easton Stick pass incomplete to Nate Moody (Durden, Kenneth), PENALTY YSU pass interference (Durden, Kenneth) 12 yards to the YSU6, 1ST DOWN NDSU, NO PLAY.
Ndsu   1-G   at Ysu06   King Frazier rush for 2 yards to the YSU4 (Dellovade, A.).
Ndsu   2-G   at Ysu04   Easton Stick rush for 4 yards to the YSU0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 00:35.

I agree it doesn't all hang on the QB, but he is the leader of the offence and sometimes he just needs to step up and make plays to win a game.  Stick did, Wells (and to some extent Davis) DID NOT.

--- End quote ---

When the QB is running for his life it is expected that he doesn't complete the passes.

YSUGO:
Pelini when questioned all season has Has said in his Coaches code that it wasn't always the QB. From game one when Pitt manhandlec our center this board even mentioned how we needed to get better on the line.  Add in all the drops and execution at times I am surprised we did what we did.  We also seem to forget that Ruiz wasn't always 100 percent healthy.  If I was Pelini I would look for o line transfers and another wideout or tight end that can catch the ball. 

go guins:
"When the QB is running for his life it is expected that he doesn't complete the passes."
Yes, but again, in the heat of the 4th quarter, sometimes you need the QB to step up and make a play.

"Pelini when questioned all season has Has said in his Coaches code that it wasn't always the QB."
Two points: 1 wasn't always the QB, is clearly saying that a number of times it WAS the QB,  2. What did you expect a head coach to say "our QB folded like a cheap suit in the 4th QTR."  The HC needs to stand behind his players. 

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on April 20, 2016, 07:41:06 AM ---Heard Powell was suspended.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update, although not what I wanted to hear.    Hopefully they get it worked out by fall camp.  I expect him to make an impact this season.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Put Davis and Hosick in some of the same situations last season as Wells and they wouldn't have performed any better. How many times did we have a negative rushing attempt on first down and then another carry for know gain and then put Wells in a 3rd and 13 situation. Unfortunately quarterbacks can't catch the ball for the receivers. How much better do you want him to throw it to #9 in the NDS game? That was game set match. Sure his mechanics slipped up from his freshman year. Factor in all of the drops and his numbers probably would've been better then his freshman year. My point is this if you don't have a line, backs that can run up the middle, or a group of receivers who can catch the ball on a regular basis it really doesn't matter who your quarterback is and if he's mobile or not. If we have these same 3 problem area's in 2016 you will see what I mean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version