YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Can We Finally Forget About the MAC?

<< < (4/9) > >>

penguinpower:
The only thing that I would like to point out is that the MAC schools cannot possibly keep up spending at the current rates.  Big changes are ahead and the budgets will more closely resemble YSU's current levels for most of them.  Akron ins financing ticket sales for football.  Unbelievable.  This is not sustainable.

IAA Fan:
I would need to see the figures on what YSU makes per home game Nation. With a solid team, we are going to make:

1. 20k x $10 = $200k in ticket sales (although with give-a ways $8 may be more accurate).
2. 1/6th (assuming a 6 home game season) of our loge revenues has to be around $100k.
3. Tailgating with even a modest team sells out all of the upper lot, 1/2 the lower lot & half of the lower walk-up parking outside of M7. There are no discounts on tailgating, so this is about 600-750 cars at $20 each = so at least $120k (assumong lower lot is cheaper ans the parking across Lincoln is only $5).
4. Banners are $1k per game & large banners are $10k per game (don't quote me on those large banners, they may only be $5k) but there are about 12 of them + other miscellaneous revenues (concessions, memorabilia, 50/50, etc.) are worth a couple of grand at least. This is at least $50k (even assuming I overstated the cost on large banners).

I say we are always better off taking the light-weight home game if we are not going to get major conference $$$ of at least $380k to $400k.

Penguin Nation:
I heard total revenue for a home game is ~$200K.  How accurate that is IDK.  Can't is paying Kennesaw St $325K from what I recall.

DoubleE:
If we were in the MAC for the argument

We would be able to play 2 B1G road games each year (estimated revenue, 750k each)
We are forced to play atleast 2 home games (pay 1-aa school $350k and 1-a school 450k to play at YSU)

So by playing the B1G schools you net 700k yearly for your athletic budget in non conference schedules which isnt enough to justify the increased spending needed for the MAC

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 05, 2016, 03:03:59 PM ---I would need to see the figures on what YSU makes per home game Nation. With a solid team, we are going to make:

1. 20k x $10 = $200k in ticket sales (although with give-a ways $8 may be more accurate).
2. 1/6th (assuming a 6 home game season) of our loge revenues has to be around $100k.
3. Tailgating with even a modest team sells out all of the upper lot, 1/2 the lower lot & half of the lower walk-up parking outside of M7. There are no discounts on tailgating, so this is about 600-750 cars at $20 each = so at least $120k (assumong lower lot is cheaper ans the parking across Lincoln is only $5).
4. Banners are $1k per game & large banners are $10k per game (don't quote me on those large banners, they may only be $5k) but there are about 12 of them + other miscellaneous revenues (concessions, memorabilia, 50/50, etc.) are worth a couple of grand at least. This is at least $50k (even assuming I overstated the cost on large banners).

I say we are always better off taking the light-weight home game if we are not going to get major conference $$$ of at least $380k to $400k.

--- End quote ---

I want to see no part of a light weight team on the schedule.  I don't want to watch the games, it doesn't help our case with playoff seeding, it can foster complacency with regard to preparation for games, it is simply uncompetitive to watch, hurts attendance, pads the record to make things look better than they are, (did I mention fan interest?), and is un-American.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version