YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Article by Scalzo

<< < (3/6) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on March 09, 2016, 03:56:49 PM ---Agree. I don't think the ESPN $$, the savings in travel, the enhanced money game revenue, and likely increased loge and gate revenue would overcome the increase in coaches salaries, increased scholarship costs (which would be massive as you'd have to add female FCOA scholarships in addition to 85 FCOAs for the men).

Unless there are donors offering to pony up millions, I don't see it. I think FB would be successfull and even be in bowl games from the start of eligibility. But most other sports would get their clocks cleaned.

But my info is limited. Surely Bo knows immensely more than I do.....and he's advocating it for a reason.

--- End quote ---
Bo is a "rental" coach.  When the Nebraska money runs out, so will Bo.  He is just talking to make noise.  Football would be the hardest to compete not easiest.  Remember, you are a LONG way since and a LONG way from making the 1AA playoffs.  What in the world would incline you to think you can make a 1A bowl?

Wick250:
My guess is that 95% of people who consider themselves college football fans follow only the legitimate big time powers.  The typical fan of a Georgia, Texas, or Southern Cal could not name three teams in the MAC, nor could they differentiate between the athletic programs at Akron and Youngstown State if their lives depended upon it.  Spending millions upon millions of additional funds to be a "make believe" big time program has always struck me as absurd.  If many MAC schools are forced to scale back their programs into FCS, then I am interested.  Buying phony prestige....no thank you.

Penguin Nation:
Go--

Very true. Bo is history after the 2018 season. 

2/3 of 1A teams make it to a bowl game. Akron made it to a bowl game in 2015, and won. The MAC would be a downgrade from the MVFC in terms of talent. UNI, and NDSU would run wild in the MAC. I'd also say ISUr but I think they're a much weaker team in 2016. It would be such a downgrade for NDSU that I doubt they'd accept an invite.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on March 09, 2016, 04:34:59 PM ---Go--

Very true. Bo is history after the 2018 season. 

2/3 of 1A teams make it to a bowl game. Akron made it to a bowl game in 2015, and won. The MAC would be a downgrade from the MVFC in terms of talent. UNI, and NDSU would run wild in the MAC. I'd also say ISUr but I think they're a much weaker team in 2016. It would be such a downgrade for NDSU that I doubt they'd accept an invite.

--- End quote ---
slightly less than 2/3 but a lot.  MAC is NOT a downgrade from MVFC, and NDSU would JUMP at the chance.
Big 10 vs. MAC 292-47-4 That's 47 MAC wins.  I believe the MVFC is 0-fer against the Big 10.  The kool aid is good, but don't drink to much, it clouds your judgment.

Penguin Nation:
Sagarin conference ratings. MVFC rated higher than MAC East ( and CUSA East). 

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version