Author Topic: ESPN GAME DAY  (Read 28085 times)

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
ESPN GAME DAY
« on: October 22, 2015, 02:51:19 PM »
Saturday ESPN game day will be at James Madison.  They have been at North Dakota STATE.  Does anyone think that some day they will come to Youngstown. (if we can return to our glory days)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:46:59 PM by YSU1 »

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ESPN GAME DAY
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 03:21:22 PM »
Never, because people in this community do not support anything.  We can't fill up a 20,000 seat stadium, what makes you think people will show up in droves for College Game Day?  Please spare me the we don't win argument.  You either support your college and team or you don't.  Sadly people here just don't.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 04:03:05 PM »
They almost did in 2013 for the NDSU @ YSU game, but cancelled after we lost to UNI the week before.  Someone from the show tweeted something about YSU would've been chosen if YSU beat UNI.

http://www.thejambar.com/gameday2ysu/

With BP and JT (and others), a legendary history, YSU would make compelling hosts.....but they're not going to visit a struggling FCS team.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 04:07:47 PM »
Does everyone here have a small penis ?

The inferiority complex is  suffocating here. Hell, you couldn't fill up a 20K stadium when we had the greatness here week after week. Doing it once isn't doing it week after week. Fielding winning teams won't just get you an ESPN exposure.

This is the same logic used to argue for a spot in the MAC. You don't get 15K, minimum for NCAA D-I attendance. You beat losers like Kent or Akron and think you belong when in fact, you could not compete well week top week with the rest of the good MAC teams. As an FCS team, YSU is just a has been now.

Why would  ESPN want to be here ?   Check out the drunks in tailgate lots ? See empty seats ? Listen as "fans" make fun of the aging fan base and whine about lack of noise ?  Looking for more hype on an average team ?   Maybe if Bo blows his stack and shows lack of anger management they'll show up !!  ;D

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 05:47:48 PM »
Does everyone here have a small penis ?

The inferiority complex is  suffocating here. Hell, you couldn't fill up a 20K stadium when we had the greatness here week after week. Doing it once isn't doing it week after week. Fielding winning teams won't just get you an ESPN exposure.

This is the same logic used to argue for a spot in the MAC. You don't get 15K, minimum for NCAA D-I attendance. You beat losers like Kent or Akron and think you belong when in fact, you could not compete well week top week with the rest of the good MAC teams. As an FCS team, YSU is just a has been now.

Why would  ESPN want to be here ?   Check out the drunks in tailgate lots ? See empty seats ? Listen as "fans" make fun of the aging fan base and whine about lack of noise ?  Looking for more hype on an average team ?   Maybe if Bo blows his stack and shows lack of anger management they'll show up !!  ;D

One rumor about Bo when he was at Nebraska.....  When the Big 10 was doing one of their "days" on the ESPN campus, and all the coaches were there, Bo allegedly got into a heated conversation with some of the "personalities" about some things said about him.  One of the most heated exchanges was between Rece Davis and Bo.   Now that he is the anchor on Gameday, I bet he wouldn't vote to go see Bo again.

FWIW.....

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 10:15:25 PM »
Not for awhile.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 02:04:26 AM »
Don't really think being on game day means squat.  Let's worry about winning games.  As for the negative Bo crap. Who really cares what he did in Nebraska.  We get it some of you Cornbilly's, don't like him. Now you have a real gem.  Why don't you just worry about him and let's let Us worry about Bo. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 07:39:12 AM »
I agree. Who even cares about Nebraska with Pelini or any coach. While I am at it ...who cares about Stoops and Oklahoma? They were both Youngstown guys, now Bo is a Penguin. Let's hope that player meeting did what they hoped it will do.

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 08:20:47 AM »
Don't really think being on game day means squat.  Let's worry about winning games.  As for the negative Bo crap. Who really cares what he did in Nebraska.  We get it some of you Cornbilly's, don't like him. Now you have a real gem.  Why don't you just worry about him and let's let Us worry about Bo.

I agree 100%.  What Bo does for us at YSU is the only thing that matters from this point on.  But, just don't ignore history completely.  It can be an interesting guide for the present.

Like I said before, my roommate is the Nebraska fan, but he knows more about Pelini than you guys do.  All you guys know about him personally is that he was from Youngstown and little else.  Bo called Nebraska fans "fair-weather" and told them to "f- off" after selling out a 90,000 seat stadium for 50 years, was its uprising he wouldn't be calling out Fans at Youngstown?  Fans provide Bo an easy excuse.  At Nebraska the fans were too involved.  at Youngstown, they aren't involved enough.  Focus on the team, not the fans.

If anything, you guys should probably ask me some questions about what happened at Nebraska.  I also saw some mods here mention Pelini was bringing some players with him so that was a great thing.  If anybody had bothered to ask, you might have found Avery Moss is not really someone you want on Youngstown's campus.  He was charged with two indecent exposure charges when he pulled his pants down in front of a female campus convenience store clerk.  It was all caught on the security camera.  He was banned from Nebraska's campus because he posed threat to the student body.  Was that even reported when he registered for classes at Youngstown?  And why would Bo bring someone like that to our campus?  But never kind, Bo is from Youngstown.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:50:39 AM by Blo Pelini »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 02:03:12 PM »
That was reported on here. Every transfer that had known issues had those issues brought to light on this forum and in the media before they came here. You dont like Pelini we get it. But dont say we dont know about how he was at nebraska. Most of us here have read the stories and heard them. Yes he has had issues and some players had issues. But Moss even deserved a second chance. Recent jambar article about how he has changed. Maybe he still hasnt, but rehabilitation is something believed impossible in this country for some reason.

Im not aware of any incidents since hes been here. Im not defending his indecent exposure charge either, but you have to at least give him the ability to redeem himself. What else could you do? Isolate him from society? Make it so he cant go get an education and better himself?

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 03:09:19 PM »
I don't understand how many times we have to rehash what Bo did at Nebraska or what other players did that transferred from there.  Nobody cares really, Avery Moss hasn't done crap since he has been here so the fact that his name even gets brought up is beyond me.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 04:05:55 PM »
I don't understand how many times we have to rehash what Bo did at Nebraska or what other players did that transferred from there.  Nobody cares really, Avery Moss hasn't done crap since he has been here so the fact that his name even gets brought up is beyond me.

Guy hadn't played played or practiced football in over a year. Think the guy deserves him some slack. And they have been using him more inside than outside.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 04:12:26 PM »
Even more reason why we shouldn't be bringing him up or what he does at Nebraska who cares.  When he sacks the QB and he fumbles and Avery runs it in for a TD let me know.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 09:38:14 AM »
JMU putting on an awesome show.  I suspect the ratings are much higher for GameDay than for the FCS title game.  Other FCS schools mentioned, but not YSU.

It makes me realize how far we've fallen during the Strollo era.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 09:46:36 AM »
It's pretty sad.