Author Topic: ESPN GAME DAY  (Read 28083 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ESPN GAME DAY
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2015, 10:27:25 AM »

We are what we are. The average person does not even know ESPN2 exists. Even the D II & III title games get ESPN. I have complained about this for years. ESPN puts little effort into it. Let's go to Fox.
[/quote]

1-AA you don't make completely nieve comments often (I don't actually recall any) but this comment is!
"We" are with the network we are with because THEY PAID US THE MOST MONEY.  When this contract, whatever it is expires we will go with the network that PAYS US THE MOST MONEY.  Nobody selects a network based on how much effort they put into our product, it's all about the MONEY!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2015, 10:26:22 PM »
Okay so anyone in the world has heard of Mt Union or Whitewater? So their championship is on ESPN for what reason? Not so naive. We (I-AA/FCS championship) used to have PBS, then we went to ABC, then to ESPN, now down to ESPN2. It will down to ESPN3 before you know it. Let's go to Fox. Fox is trying to get some penetration.

That being said, I make stupid comments all the time. :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:00:24 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2015, 09:55:00 AM »
 1-AA EVERYBODY makes stupid comments; I suggested your comment on TV networks was naive.  I see that as quite a bit different.  Fan is a derivative from fanatic.  Of course fanatics are going to say stupid stuff!  Just remember the greatest philosopher of the last 20-30 years, Jerry Maguire: FOLLOW THE MONEY! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!