YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

4 pm Saturday at the Castle: YSU versus STFU

<< < (10/12) > >>

OleYSUfan:
I watched the game via espn3 about 600 miles away from Youngstown.

The defense looked impressive, far and away better than last year. The offensive line opened some nice holes for the backs and the additional dimension of using TE Kuhn was a good move.

If this team is going to win many games in the MVCF; they definitely need a mobile QB - I like what I saw in Ricky Davis!!  All of the top NCAA football teams now use mobile QB's to open up the offenses. In the pocket passing has gone away like the dodo bird. Either Wells starts running (there were plenty of opportunities) or replace him with Ricky Davis. Ricky adds a 4th dimension to the offense that will put far more pressure on our opponents defenses.

GO PENGUINS!!!

YSUGO:
LOL!  Why the love affair with Ricky Davis!  He can't beat out Wells.  He hasn't shown anything other than he can run.  He scored a TD running and in the process showboated and received a penalty.  Has Hunter struggled yes. We are 2 -1 and that is exactly where we all thought.  Would I put in Davis a series or 2 every game yes.  For now I think Wells gives us the best chance.  We had a QB that was mobile and he transferred to Slippery Rock!

The YO Show:
Yesterday was further proof of the huge leap forward the defense had this year. Glad to see the offense clicking better too, but wish we could start  hot. Noticed the offense has yet to score a TD on an opening drive.

Still, I'm very encouraged with what I saw. Excited to start conference play!

go guins:

And Bo did not strangle him after his gymnastic takeoff into the end zone.
[/quote]

He should have!

ScarletRook:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on September 20, 2015, 01:26:08 PM ---LOL!  Why the love affair with Ricky Davis!  He can't beat out Wells.  He hasn't shown anything other than he can run.  He scored a TD running and in the process showboated and received a penalty.  Has Hunter struggled yes. We are 2 -1 and that is exactly where we all thought.  Would I put in Davis a series or 2 every game yes.  For now I think Wells gives us the best chance.  We had a QB that was mobile and he transferred to Slippery Rock!

--- End quote ---

The 'love affair' should be that we have a dependable QB as backup.
Not defending his showboating, but he isn't the first - just not the most loved.
Sadly, we might not have Ricky Davis for very long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version