YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

4 pm Saturday at the Castle: YSU versus STFU

<< < (9/12) > >>

Wick250:
Worst rainstorm since the Akron game in (?) 1990.

Notice how we used Rivers occasionally at linebacker with Moss and Williams at ends.  Versatile option depending on the opposition.

Kuhn ran like a true fullback.  Where was that on 4 and 1 against Pitt when Ruiz was down?  It will give our league opponents something to think about.  That tight end lined up in the backfield is not necessarily just a blocker.

Glad Davis got his first action, and he looked good.  And Bo did not strangle him after his gymnastic takeoff into the end zone.

ysufan0505:
I've always liked Davis. Thought he shoulda been the starter last year over Wells. Adds another dimension with his running ability and has a strong arm. Wells has been missing some really easy throws the first 3 weeks.

Powell did not play at all today.... I know Moss has been nursing an injury, didn't play at all last week. I really like Savon Smith in the middle, big fella can take up some space.

Really impressed with Lee Wright. He and Dellovade are more mobile and athletic than Kelly at MLB, especially covering backs and WR's across the middle which is why I think they're seeing more time.

HappyPenguin:
I don't think I saw Wells go to a 2nd read all game. That's not good.

A decent defense would have had a couple picks.

Penguin Nation:
Scalzo's final articles as a reporter covering YSU:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/sep/20/wrath-of-kuhn/

"Saint Francis finished with more penalty yardage (107) than total yardage (87)."

http://www.vindy.com/weblogs/penguin-insider/2015/sep/19/10-thoughts-ysus-win-over-sfu/

"Saint Francis quarterback Zack Drayer went 1-for-12 for 10 yards. That's the second straight game that YSU has held the opposing quarterback to one completion in regulation. Robert Morris QB Matthew Barr finished 2 of 11 last week for 16 yards, but one of those came in overtime."

FOOTBALLFEVER:
First off I think the physical mismatch in the S.F. game was incredible and we did what we were supposed to do. I like the fact we are starting to get our kick-offs in the endzone for touch-backs more often. Playing a five man front on defense is something I've been hoping for and I would line Moss up as a down lineman every single play and still play our defensive ends. We used our TE in the backfield last season and had success with it. We should've done it in the first two games. It was good to see Ricky get into the game against SF. There is know doubt he is a very mobile QB with a strong arm. I still feel there are 3 thing's he needs to work on. Understanding of the offense, decision making on the field and overall accuracy. I really wouldn't mind seeing him in a wildcat formation on occasion to keep defenses honest. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version