Author Topic: Pitt Game  (Read 62969 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: Pitt Game
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2015, 06:40:42 PM »
@BoPelini: Never happy with a loss, but we showed today that we have the ability to be a pretty good football team. Time to get back to work. #GoGuins

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2015, 06:46:24 PM »
I see the Debbie Downers are out in full force. We will be fine. If you left discouraged by that performance, please tell me why.

Are 5050 and 93 the same person? They seem to complement each other nicely complaining about Montgomery.

I see a sunshine pumper has decided to come out the woodwork.  We will not be fine with this offense, you dont win championships going 4 for 16 on third downs, period.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2015, 07:26:07 PM »
LeRoy Alexander is a stud, great pickup. Offensive play calling is horrible. Just like the last 4 years. Works against Saint Francis and Butler....

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2015, 08:13:17 PM »
I was at the game, and while I was sad to see that we didn't capitalize on opportunities our offense had, I came out of this game pretty excited for the season. An upset would have been nice, but hell, I have not seen a YSU passing game that good in a long time. And our defense looks legit. Do wish our offense capitalized a little better, but that game was a hell of an effort by our penguins.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2015, 08:47:24 PM »
I think we need to keep in mind this was Pitt. 1A vs 1AA.  Not Kent.  If not for the bone head special teams play at the end of the first half this would be a 1 point game

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2015, 08:52:10 PM »
It would've been fine with me if a headset was tossed after the pass interference call.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2015, 09:00:47 PM »
That should have been offensive pass interference! And I saw Pelini get in the refs face over that. That was one of two B.S. calls from that game.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2015, 10:17:40 PM »
I really think the injury to Ruiz was significant. To all the Monty haters out there it changed the offensive game plan up drastically. Boy would it have been nice to have Ryan Moore today there just isn't enough depth at the RB position.The passing game was solid considering the intense pressure Wells was under all day. To many dropped passes and the center needs to get the ball up it really messed the timing up all day. Offensively  Pitt capitalize big time on our 2nd level of defenders all day. That is the difference from  a F.B.S. power 5 school and the F.C.S level..overall it was just a great team effort and this type of game will only help the Guins in the long run.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:19:43 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2015, 11:02:38 PM »
Completely agree. I kept asking the people around me, "Why isn't Ruiz in?". I like Webb and all, but if Ruiz was there for those short yardage situations... man. I hadn't even seen him get injured which was why I was more confused. Turns out he had a thigh bruise? Anyway, I did notice that our center snapped the ball soooooo low. It was basically on the ground a couple times. I don't think that was the difference maker though. Honestly, had Ruiz not gotten injured, I truly believe we would have won.

It was a loss yes, and I more than anyone wish we would have won (and should have won), but it was a good showing. MVFC is looking tough for this year, but I really hope and think we will be very competitive in conference.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2015, 11:35:11 PM »
Why Demond Hymes wasn't in on that 4th down play is beyond me. Changed the whole game around....  Was hoping for some trickeration or a play action pass at least.

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2015, 12:05:12 AM »
I really think the injury to Ruiz was significant. To all the Monty haters out there it changed the offensive game plan up drastically. Boy would it have been nice to have Ryan Moore today there just isn't enough depth at the RB position.The passing game was solid considering the intense pressure Wells was under all day. To many dropped passes and the center needs to get the ball up it really messed the timing up all day. Offensively  Pitt capitalize big time on our 2nd level of defenders all day. That is the difference from  a F.B.S. power 5 school and the F.C.S level..overall it was just a great team effort and this type of game will only help the Guins in the long run.

Funny thing is you think there are such things as "monty haters" when its really people living in reality and monty knob slobbers.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2015, 01:14:03 AM »
Pelini basically calling out Montgomery and his bad play calling in the press conference... Interesting.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2015, 01:15:27 AM »
Watching Pelini's press conference, he seemed to get really irritated when talking about our inability to get that 4th and 1 play. Also, seemed very upset about something when he started saying, "I think it will be good for our coaches and players to watch this film. and I think sometimes it needs to happen for real before people say, ok maybe he isnt crazy. Maybe I need to do this better. I really need to understand because there it is, its right in front of you. We're going to find out... theres no reason we couldn't have won this football game." at about 2:50 into the interview. In any case, I think he's right. I think we learn from this loss and it makes us a better football team.

One fun fact, YSU is now one of 5 teams to ever put up 37 points or more on a Narduzzi defense since 2011:

Baylor
Ohio State
Oregon
Wisconsin
Youngstown State

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2015, 01:20:12 AM »
Wow we both posted about the press conference. I'm not so sure he was just calling out Montgomery though. He was vague about it. Maybe he meant him, or maybe he meant him and the players. Hard to say definitively I think, but you may be right. Either way, I think another thing touched in our press conference spoke on our offensive woes in the first half. Not to put this on Hunter Wells (because he had a really good second half), but he had some obvious first game jitters. I think if he came in like he was playing at the end, man look out. Our blocking could have been better at times for him too though, so thats a part of it. Plus our receivers dropped a decent number of passes. It was a team effort on a number of things that lost the game.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2015, 07:16:33 AM »
Every time we play a good team and the game is on the line the offense doesn't get it done.  That is what I'm irritated and skeptical about.

Leroy Alexander is a freaking stud.  Reminds me of Dwight Smiley.

How did we get to referring to Montgomery as Monty?  That is just stupid.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:18:39 AM by penguinpower »