Author Topic: Safety's  (Read 8855 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Safety's
« on: September 15, 2012, 11:41:44 PM »
Well,  This was my concern with the "Defense" thread.....and it happened.  We are better athletically but we still do not know how to play the safety position.  Kentstateguin, this one is for you.  TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE play by the S.  #8 has to go.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Safety's
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 11:43:39 PM »
If we don't get the DB play fixed we will be blown out next weekend.  Don't give the BS that we are playing the run.  The DB's played like HS.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 12:09:16 AM »
It's also the play of no defensive rush at all. QB sat back in the pocket comfortably most of the night. DB's can't cover forever out there. #8 shouldn't be out there, always out of position. Peterman and Childs are fine on the outside. But up the middle and down the seam YSU gets killed

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 12:15:10 AM »
It's also the play of no defensive rush at all. QB sat back in the pocket comfortably most of the night. DB's can't cover forever out there. #8 shouldn't be out there, always out of position. Peterman and Childs are fine on the outside. But up the middle and down the seam YSU gets killed

Totally agree with you.  They let everyone get behind them.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 12:58:04 AM »
The safety play is horrible.  It frosts me.  We are never close enough to make an INT.  We are playing too far away.  We cannot make the read fast enough.  We are playing 8 yards off the ball and we are in our zone but there is nobody there.  it is almost like we are running a run defense all the time.  Makes me want to puke.  We got burned down the middle,  The 4th qtr the Defense stepped it up a notch but the secondary ...damn.  We went backward today.

You are allowed to hit a guy within 5 yrds of the LOS, but we don't do it.  If you hit the receiver  it messes upi the timing and we just do not do this at all.  Why?  Every once in a while it is okay.  I understand that you can get burned, but if they think it is coming, it can mess up the timing of the route and it also give the DL extra time to get to the QB.

All are correctable errors.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:04:40 AM by penguinpower »

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 04:10:10 AM »
Well,  This was my concern with the "Defense" thread.....and it happened.  We are better athletically but we still do not know how to play the safety position.  Kentstateguin, this one is for you.  TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE play by the S.  #8 has to go.

you do know A'lesio was playing Hurt right? oh wait no you didnt because you have got to be one of the most clueless posters ive ever seen. Sounds more like to me YOU have to go untill you learn the game of football

LOL god this message board really brings out some of the most clueless people ive ever seen
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 04:12:09 AM by KentStGuin15 »

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 04:11:32 AM »
If we don't get the DB play fixed we will be blown out next weekend.  Don't give the BS that we are playing the run.  The DB's played like HS.

Blownout LOL right
hows UNI going to stop us? they are averaging giving up close to 400 yards a game between Iowa and Wisconsin, who may not even finish .500

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 07:53:02 AM »

Blownout LOL right
hows UNI going to stop us? they are averaging giving up close to 400 yards a game between Iowa and Wisconsin, who may not even finish .500
Look, the last thing I want to do on this board is argue with a fellow penguin fan, so tell me? Do you REALLY think there is NO problem with the defensive backfield?  You say the safety was playing hurt? Has he been playing hurt all season? Are we that thin in the backfield that we have to play someone who's hurt? Constantly out of position.  I hope to God he's better by next saturday. I look forward to a win, and if he plays a decent game , you'll get my apology.

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 08:00:37 AM »

Blownout LOL right
Look, the last thing I want to do on this board is argue with a fellow penguin fan, so tell me? Do you REALLY think there is NO problem with the defensive backfield?  You say the safety was playing hurt? Has he been playing hurt all season? Are we that thin in the backfield that we have to play someone who's hurt? Constantly out of position.  I hope to God he's better by next saturday. I look forward to a win, and if he plays a decent game , you'll get my apology.

way to avoid the question, hows UNI going to stop us? they have given up over 800 Yards of offense between Iowa and Wisconsin.  you forget to mention UNI has to get stops to win the game. there is no problem with the defensive backfield  Did you miss the 2nd half when the D stepped up and the QB was only 9/21 and they only got 3 points? did you expect 0-21?

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 08:02:45 AM »
i feel bad for the kids on the team, we have some real asshat fans who expect the other team to score 0 points get -1 trillion yards and turnthe ball over 94 times per game and when they dont meet the incredibly unrealistic expectations that not even the 1985 Bears could meet they get thrown under the bus

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 08:10:44 AM »

Blownout LOL right

way to avoid the question, hows UNI going to stop us? they have given up over 800 Yards of offense between Iowa and Wisconsin.  you forget to mention UNI has to get stops to win the game. there is no problem with the defensive backfield  Did you miss the 2nd half when the D stepped up and the QB was only 9/21 and they only got 3 points? did you expect 0-21?
Sorry! Didn't mean to avoid the question. heat of the moment and all. I don't think uni CAN stop us. We'll only stop ourselves . My concern as you already know, Is our pass defense....

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 08:11:39 AM »
All I want to say is the visiting coach said that they game planned to get certain mismatches.  It was very obvious they wanted to go after #8
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 08:11:44 AM »

Blownout LOL right

Sorry! Didn't mean to avoid the question. heat of the moment and all. I don't think uni CAN stop us. We'll only stop ourselves . My concern as you already know, Is our pass defense....

the Pass D only allowed about 45% completion 0 TDs in the 2nd half, not sure how much better you expect that to get from a offense that was good enough to get in the playoffs