Author Topic: YSU to build Soccer Stadium this summer  (Read 31804 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU to build Soccer Stadium this summer
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »
I wonder how much they will get done before the weather starts to get bad?

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 04:24:24 PM »
Talking to Ron Strollo, he stated that work will continue even in the winter.  Of course those days of heavy snow will have an effect.  Priority is the build a 2 level playing field.  One level will contain the softball field the other level will have the soccer field.  First up should be the softball field, but that priority could change depending on time lost and unknown obstacles in digging and moving soil. In that case the soccer field might go up first.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2012, 08:20:04 PM »
Talking to Ron Strollo, he stated that work will continue even in the winter.  Of course those days of heavy snow will have an effect.  Priority is the build a 2 level playing field.  One level will contain the softball field the other level will have the soccer field.  First up should be the softball field, but that priority could change depending on time lost and unknown obstacles in digging and moving soil. In that case the soccer field might go up first.

Good info, thanks!

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2012, 08:50:58 PM »
Interesting comments from Strollo when he says the soccer field will be used mainly for intermural sports? That's kind of weird to me. I'm guessing it won't be that big then. Just seems weird to me. Why build a soccer field if it's only mainly gonna be used for intermural sports, seems like a waste of money.

Agreed...

Ya THINK.....your tax dollars.

If the facility could generate revenue, thats a good thing. But if it's designed and built to satisfy Title IX requirements.....and we taxpayers pay for a money losing venue.....does that make business sense???

Any wonder the USA is 16 Trillion dollars in debt???

Are we gonna increase female soccer attendance by 2,000 per game to pay for this.....(to cover the "TAXPAYER"...who is funding this).

If so I'm all for it....

But the Mahoning Valley is aging..in case you haven't noticed. I have a hard time getting my Dear Ol' Mom....out to Handels (ice cream)......let alone for her to watch a girls soccer game.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:58:54 PM by Pizza »