Author Topic: Basketball recruiting target Kamren Belin - 6-7 PF, Cowley County JC  (Read 11750 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Rivals is reporting YSU has interest in 6-7 power forward Kamren Belin of Cowley County JC.

Rivals shows he visited Stephen F. Austin last weekend and has an offer.

Plans to visit YSU and Iona.

Other schools with interest include Albany,  North Dakota, Sam Houston State and UMKC.

Belin averaged 12 points and nearly 8 rebounds last year and blocked 53 shots on the season.  Cowley finished 24-10.

He has played two years at Cowley and went to high school in Atlanta.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball recruiting target Kamren Belin - 6-7 PF, Cowley County JC
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
Not the JC Big man we need!  Another Damian Eargle?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »
Sounds exactly like Eargle, i'd be more interested if he was say 3 inches taller?

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:39:06 PM »
I am sure there are many other guys the coaches are recruiting - this is the one I found.  If this board gets its wish and a few of the scholarship players are ran off, there is room for more than just one more recruit - and adding any kind of size helps this team. 

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »
A scholarship is opening with the departure of Nate Perry. I laugh at all of the experts who want a magic wand waved and a 6'11" center shows up!! The coaches are trying to get bigs. Not easy.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 02:22:58 PM »
If this guy can play like Eargle, how is that a bad thing?  Two Eargles are much better than one Eargle. :P
6'10" plus jucos who can actually play are scooped up by programs much more significant than ours, as IP just noted right before I posted this.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 06:47:24 PM »
Yes,  two Damian Eargles would be good, however, I'm tired of seeing other teams jump over top our guys for easy put backs.  As far as waving a magic wand, you tell me how the other teams are getting 6'9 and 6'll guys.   Detroit gets them,  Wright State has a sven footer!  Just asking a question. 

Offline MentorViking

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 09:16:40 PM »
should rather get Shaheed Davis from Warren Harding
6'8 PF with a 7'2 Wingspan and has very good shooting abillity from inside, mid range, and 3 point range.

Shaheed Davis | 6-8 | PF | Ohio Basketball Club 16U | 2012
Completely unknown nationally, Davis made his presence felt in a big way in the 16U bracket at Spiece. Big enough to play the 4 and athletic enough to play the 3, he created a number of mismatches all over the court en route to taking his team to the 16U championship game. Shaheed still lacks some polish, but his upside should land him a spot in the top 100 sometime soon.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/college....d-2010-edition/

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »
Yes,  two Damian Eargles would be good, however, I'm tired of seeing other teams jump over top our guys for easy put backs.  As far as waving a magic wand, you tell me how the other teams are getting 6'9 and 6'll guys.   Detroit gets them,  Wright State has a sven footer!  Just asking a question.
Yes DMorton, there are exceptions to the rule. You are right Detroit has them, Green Bay has a serviceable 7 footer in Brown and Butler has Smith. Wright's big man is more of a jump shooter than he is a big inside threat. But by and large, any big man who is any good isn't coming here or going to most schools of our ilk. You need to get lucky, and thus far Chojnacki and Larson haven't cut it. Like I said, I know they're out there looking. I guess we can hope.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 10:05:37 PM »
6'8 PF with a 7'2 Wingspan and has very good shooting abillity from inside, mid range, and 3 point range.

Completely unknown nationally, Davis made his presence felt in a big way in the 16U bracket at Spiece. Big enough to play the 4 and athletic enough to play the 3, he created a number of mismatches all over the court en route to taking his team to the 16U championship game. Shaheed still lacks some polish, but his upside should land him a spot in the top 100 sometime soon.

He's already committed to Duquesne

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 07:22:49 AM »
Most if not all of the teams in our league have several players 6-8 or above that contribute.  We don't have that under Slocum.  Don't think that we cannot get players like that.  I even looked at the rosters of some of the smaller conferences in D-1 and most of those schools have some size.   It is the mind set that some of you have that the players don't want to come to a mid-major school like YSU.  If others can do it we can as well.   Try harder Slocum.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 09:32:42 AM »
So what is the scholarship count for next season -seems like I am missing some guys:

Seniors - Allen, Eargle
Juniors - Perry, Chojnacki
Sophomores - Amiker, Cole, Larson
Freshmen - Hain, Weber

Assuming Reese, Morgan and Podolsky are not on scholarship.

Assumes Zuiker and N Perry leaving as per below

That would appears to leave four open scholarships, three if Podolosky is on scholarship.

Correct?

Offline MentorViking

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 11:21:29 AM »

He's already committed to Duquesne

he de-committed last weekend, has been looking around since he got a few new offers

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 01:30:24 PM »
So what is the scholarship count for next season -seems like I am missing some guys:

Seniors - Allen, Eargle
Juniors - Perry, Chojnacki
Sophomores - Amiker, Cole, Larson
Freshmen - Hain, Weber

Assuming Reese, Morgan and Podolsky are not on scholarship.

Assumes Zuiker and N Perry leaving as per below

That would appears to leave four open scholarships, three if Podolosky is on scholarship.

Correct?
Indy, Podolsky is on scholarship so you are right, there are currently three open.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 03:20:43 PM »
Thanks IP - I was thinking there was one open - which would be three with Zuiker and N Perry leaving.

Will be interesting to see what mix of size and juco/high school they bring in.