Author Topic: Basketball recruiting target Kamren Belin - 6-7 PF, Cowley County JC  (Read 11828 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball recruiting target Kamren Belin - 6-7 PF, Cowley County JC
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 02:05:05 PM »
Kamren Belin has in fact committed to YSU. Gives us at least another 6-7 athletic forward to play along Eargle. Just read an article on this kid and some of the comments that were posted by people were surprising. They said he is great rebounder, really gets after it on the glass. They also said he can score with his back to the basket or face up. Said he has 3 point range! Or can take bigs off the dribble. Even said he can dirbble down court and has great vision. Has a 7+ foot wingspan. I'm excited to see this kid play next year!

Here is a video of Kamren (#15) playing in a Holiday Invitational his senior year of high school. He played on the same team as current NC State star CJ Leslie. It shows Kamren at around the 1:50 mark with a nice block and shows him throwing 2 alley oop passes to Leslie later on if you keep watching. Current North Carolina star Reggie Bullock also played in this inivitational so as you can tell, the competion was pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEG9lOsZXag
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:29:09 PM by ysufan0505 »

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »
Good info on 6'7" Belin. Has he indeed commited to YSU? This may not be the 6"8" plus player we were looking for, but he looked good in the video promo. If he can rebound and score in the paint with regularly he will be a welcomed addition.

Maybe we will still landed a "big" player. ;)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 03:40:19 PM »
Yes he has, his JUCO coach posted a pic on twitter of him signing

https://twitter.com/#!/CoachDJackson/status/190153897925558272/photo/1

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 03:48:10 PM »
Good to see - I saw earlier today that Iona had picked up a juco forward, so I figured that was good news for YSU. 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 08:16:11 PM »
I can see Belin and Eargle starting up front together next year. I like that way more than what we had this year with Eargle and Brooks because Brooks was no force in the paint at all