YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Post-Game Thoughts?

(1/10) > >>

IAA Fan:
Any thoughts?

IAA Fan:
How about this ...record ...most rushing yardage ever gained against YSU ...by a single back & I think overall as well. Still don't think Kravitz is the issue? This is a middle of the pack club ...not to sound disrespectful to a team that just beat us. So what wins do we have to look forward to? I want to see YSU football. Big d-lines with run-stopping power and LB's that get in there and make plays. At some point we have to stop talking youth & "good losses" ...and win a ball game against someone with scholarship players. We win games with defense. This is not the SEC.

penguin4ever:
thank you mr strollo for another great hire! You are the worst div1 athletic director! Wait a minute you have been very good at destroying what tressel built. Another 3 or 4 win year.  bring back the Vest!!!  Fire Strollo now for the sake of all ysu sports programs.

Tigertown Big J:
 >:(  Very frustrated with the lack of preparation.  It should not take us until halftime to figure out how to defend someone.  I wasn't a fan of getting rid of Coach H.  Trying to give this guy a chance, but not very confident right now. 

Wick250:
Shameful, embarrassing, humiliating.  Have I missed any words?  You invest your total emotions in this program, and they reward you with a sleep-walking, half-posterior performance for the first fifteen minutes.  And who was the mighty opponent: Indiana State.  An opponent that the better teams in this league will hold under 25 points and score against on at least 75% of their possessions.

Here are my final thoughts that largely echo the comments in the posts below.

First, Eric Wolford must learn to prepare a team for road games or he will meet the same fate as Jon Heacock.

Second, Eric Wolford must find a good defensive coordinator or he will meet the same fate as Jon Heacock.
Great game plan Coach Kravitz and brilliantly executed.  You made that little back look like freakin' Adrian Peterson.

Third, this atrocity of a performance will cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars.  We will not draw more than 10,000 (actual) for any of the remaining games.  Nor should we.  Casual fans have no obligation to watch bad football.

Strangely, this horror show convinced me to refuse to renew my basketball tickets.  Each year I seem to care less and less about basketball.  And the losing certainly did not elevate my enthusiasm.  But I bought tickets and went to most of the games out of a sense of loyalty to the university.  Not any more.  I have adopted a capitalist approach.  Give me a good football team and I will support both basketball teams.  Give me what I was forced to endure today and I refuse to support your secondary sports.  Ironically, that makes me the one-sport YSU fan that I used to denounce.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version