YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Post-Game Thoughts?

<< < (2/10) > >>

YSUGO:
We all need to calm down...Please look at the 2 Deep depth charts and count how many Seniors are in the mix...look at games started etc,,,

The roster was gutted because we needed to upgrade size, speed, athleticism, and look like a FCS team...Wolford is recruiting his ass off but this is a 3-5 yr project...and then we should be back in the mix...Indy State will win more than you think..but we have to be patient and let the rebuild happen...

When u have Fresh and Sophs manning aloit of the positions you probably are not going to win championships...

The problem is we got lucky and got an offensive genuis that knows offensive football and can tutor QB's to make the pro's...Montgomery-and Big Ben...this team is improving and growing every week..Hess is what 4 games into his soph year...so again patience ...fans

dwj:
I think the coach gets an F today.  The team was not ready to play.  No excusses.  Looks like they thought the off week was this week.

ISU was too fast for us today. 

Speed kills and defense wins games.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: OleYSUfan on September 24, 2011, 06:05:24 PM ---Our defense on the right side of the line was terrible, Sahir Bell loved going right!! Yes, he is a great runner with speed, but he had 4 huge runs that destroyed us. :-[

YSU's passing defense can not keep up with ISU's receivers!! Yet, ISU's defensive backs keep up with ours step for step.  :(

That fumble by our lineman on the one yd. line was super huge in ISU win. :'(

Well we still have seven more games to win.

--- End quote ---

Good post from the other thread I thought should be here. This is EXACTLY the point I am making. Our style of defense is not conducive to play in the Gateway. Just because the name changed does not mean the ball did. I just do not want to keep waiting to find out what we already know. Our secondary is all speed ...none of them know where the ball is most of the time. In this league, they are slower than ours, but they make plays on the ball. This forces the receivers to stay close as well. We just chase after them.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on September 24, 2011, 07:23:21 PM ---We all need to calm down...Please look at the 2 Deep depth charts and count how many Seniors are in the mix...look at games started etc,,,

The roster was gutted because we needed to upgrade size, speed, athleticism, and look like a FCS team...Wolford is recruiting his a$$ off but this is a 3-5 yr project...and then we should be back in the mix...Indy State will win more than you think..but we have to be patient and let the rebuild happen...

When u have Fresh and Sophs manning aloit of the positions you probably are not going to win championships...

The problem is we got lucky and got an offensive genuis that knows offensive football and can tutor QB's to make the pro's...Montgomery-and Big Ben...this team is improving and growing every week..Hess is what 4 games into his soph year...so again patience ...fans

--- End quote ---

Good post

HLecter:
A couple quick observations:

Why weren't we prepared to handle the blitz?

With all the crappy play we still had a chance at the end.  Why in the world try an on-side kick?  I know we had two TOs left, did we have 3?

Onside kicks are successful what 3% of the time?

We're down 2, the better play is to kick deep, hope to hold them deep and get decent field position on a punt.

Kicking deep could have brought a holding penalty against them which probably happens 10-15% of the time (guessing of course)----10-15% is better odds than the 3% of recovering an onside kick.

I hated that call.

I'll have more to say tommw after I watch the game again, but THIS TEAM WAS NOT READY TO PLAY and that is on the coaching staff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version