YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

It’s officially Football Season

(1/9) > >>

peteonastick:
Ok. Now that we got another disappointing basketball season behind us. Time to focus on spring ball and who our starting QB is going to be!  Looking forward to spring practice and see who starts to make some moves.

Go Guins!

Double ET:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on March 07, 2024, 09:50:27 PM ---Ok. Now that we got another disappointing basketball season behind us. Time to focus on spring ball and who our starting QB is going to be!  Looking forward to spring practice and see who starts to make some moves.

Go Guins!

--- End quote ---

Well, we need a good QB and Ohio State starts spring training with 5 good QBs. Any chance for one of those guys to transfer in via portal after their spring training? lol

YSUGO:
Hey, we appreciate your passion to see if any Ohio State quarterbacks would transfer here. That would be great but with the state of college football NIL Moneytalks which we don’t have at this stage and quite quite honestly not at any stage, so we’re gonna have to trust Phillips and your offensive coordinator to find that quarterback. Is the legacy QB is the one they targeted and they’re gonna give give him every opportunity to win the job. I haven’t been to a physical game since the championship in Frisco. I moved out of Ohio now live in Florida so I haven’t seen any of the quarterbacks live in person so it’s hard to tell if the legacy QB is division, one material.
The only thing that scares me is they really didn’t let him throw much last year and since he’s more of a run option quarterback, durability could be an issue in our league and as you know, we don’t seem to have keeping running quarterbacks upright. My main concern this year is getting the defense prepared.I I’m hoping we have a style that we all can relate to. And maybe we can get lucky and find somebody on offense that’s a gamebreaker like we had And McLaughlin.

Wick250:
Like GO, I am primarily concerned with the defense. Make the scheme simple and rely on the natural abilities of our defenders. No more embarrassing breakdowns in coverage at critical points of games.

Obviously our quarterback this season will be inexperienced, but that does not mean that the winner of the quarterback derby won't be good. Brungard is a vastly superior athlete to his father. We did not see his arm in action last season, but from what I could see in high school competition he throws as well or better than his dad. And don't sleep on Shannon, the transfer from Ursuline. He could very well earn the job.

Scanning the roster, all of those promising young wide receivers are still here. And since Brungard and Shannon can run, they will have an easier time of getting open as our opponents will need to commit a safety to run support.

Double ET:
I was scanning the football team roster and I noticed that Tyshon King was still listed as one of the running backs. Did he get another year? I thought he had graduated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version