YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NDSU Week

<< < (2/6) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 26, 2022, 12:52:27 PM ---Nothing causes the NDSU defense any real trouble.  Over the years the one thing that has been a minor inconvenience for them is a running quarterback. It would be insanity to force Crenshaw to pa$$ from a small or nonexistent pocket.  To stay in this game we must get the ball into the hands of our skilled athletes with some space to operate.  Does anybody think that our offensive coaches can come up with such a plan? I certainly don't.

--- End quote ---

I'm on the same page.  But if you know your passing game is a sh!t show and all you can do is run, it's really our only option.  Now that I've stated that, he will probably pass for 500 yards.

Double ET:
If we can’t pretend to pass, we will be able to run. I don’t care what he does, but, at least throw short passes to the running backs, Tight ends or number 0.
Learn from the Kentucky game. If all fails, put in Mitch and let him throw a few times, then hand it off to #8 and #1.

Penquin68:
To have any chance we need to throw the ball to at least an average level. Without that I think we are doomed. Also we need to get our athletes in space, not in the clogged up middle. Our athletes are faster and with more moves than theirs  and we need to take advantage of our strength. But it is not easy if we have no passing game. I think our defense has a good chance against them, but the O worries me. And we need some imagination on offense that sure has not been there to help. If Crenshaw can't do anything, give MD a chance.

YsuPride:
I fully agree with everyone's comments.   We need to pass the ball to have any kind of chance.  Crenshaw is not the answer long term.  We need a QB transfer in the upcoming class.

YsuPride:
One with a Passing pedigree and from a major university

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version