Author Topic: ticketgate  (Read 45796 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ticketgate
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2016, 01:36:16 AM »
I myself have been moving mountains trying to get off work for the game. If my time off request gets approved I'm going. Im going as a fan, to support my team.

It is rather unfortunate that this whole mess happened and I do think someone should be responsible in the athletic Dept. Ice it does matter to the extent that it should be rectified and not happen again. I do think the team still deserves the support and no one should refuse to go due to these circumstances. Mistakes do happen, despite it being really unfortunate. The worst part of the whole thing is the fact that even if we took them as hard ticket sales, we don't owe the NCAA the money until January. But alas, enough of this. I'm weary of the whole topic. Would really like it if the administration came out and appologized. I do understand the circumstances and I understand how the mistake happened. To me an apology and a promise to do better (and actually delivering on said promise in the future) and we can all move on.

Well said!! 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline bulldogg

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2016, 02:08:35 AM »
You guys argue about stupid sh!t. You are in the National Championship game. Wouldn't discussing your game plan, your opponent, etc. be more relevant than discussing which one of you is the bigger a$$hole?

Just sayin'. It looks weird to an outsider. See you in Frisco!

Sorry you lost the over/under on 8 hours.  You have avenged that loss, however, by being the biggest a-hole. Go back to your board and contInue discussing with your board-mates about how you will roll us...but only if schor plays well, and the turf is in good shape, and of course as long as there are no BIG scoring plays.  Um...what???

Alright! Now there is the Penguin standard we Dukes have come to know and love.

Offline BisonTru

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2016, 06:53:07 PM »
Just so everyone knows now, this particular thread is getting locked after Christmas. It is taking up far to much time and is cared about by too few people.

I'm a bison fan. You can check my IP address it's from Moorhead, MN. I use the same username on AGS, Bisonville, and I even have a little history with the Redbird fan on here on the ISU forum when I felt him and a few others were overly critical of their Department on other ticket stuff a couple years ago.

You and some others don't see anything wrong with how YSU handled this. However, you're doing your fanbase a disservice by deleting and locking threads on this issue. Myself (completely unbiased) and a few other YSU fans don't agree. I couldn't care less if you delete this or ban me or whatever, but let the conversation be had. Other Penguin fans can read and/or post and come to their own conclusion how they feel about how YSU handled this.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2016, 10:33:10 PM »
Sorry Tru. but we have more important things going on.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2016, 07:03:36 AM »
Just so everyone knows now, this particular thread is getting locked after Christmas. It is taking up far to much time and is cared about by too few people.

I'm a bison fan. You can check my IP address it's from Moorhead, MN. I use the same username on AGS, Bisonville, and I even have a little history with the Redbird fan on here on the ISU forum when I felt him and a few others were overly critical of their Department on other ticket stuff a couple years ago.

You and some others don't see anything wrong with how YSU handled this. However, you're doing your fanbase a disservice by deleting and locking threads on this issue. Myself (completely unbiased) and a few other YSU fans don't agree. I couldn't care less if you delete this or ban me or whatever, but let the conversation be had. Other Penguin fans can read and/or post and come to their own conclusion how they feel about how YSU handled this.

Yes I agree. The true disservice occurred at the season ticket holder and booster levels.  They took care of the corporate sponsors and forgot about these people, which is most of the people on this board.  Then they made up a BS excuse to cover up the blunder.  At the end of the day they owe an apology at the least.  They should admit they were wrong. Otherwise, this topic is getting old as most of the people traveling to the game have tickets and flights arranged.

Offline Redbird Fourthandshort

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »

agreed as another outside objective poster. ISU 2014 made different mistakes with Frisco ticket buying, but responded immediately and made it right .. they put a positive spin on who incident, and no one cared, because they corrected their initial mistake. If Bison had won their semi, YSU fans would have deservedly been infinitely more outraged .. Bison would not be dumping all their tickets.

YSU Sports Admin needs to acknowledge mistakes were made .. and send JMU a big thank you for beating Bison .. or there would have been zero tickets available beyond the 1,000 they bought for all their high rollers.

Censorship is not the answer .. trust and confidence has been lost .. only answer is to own up to issue and learn from mistakes.

Regardless .. good luck to YSU .. ironically, this may be the intangible that Pellini uses to give his team the mental edge. Way to rep the Valley !!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 10:16:52 AM by Redbird Fourthandshort »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2016, 10:26:21 AM »
I suspect everyone here knew there'd be no accountability...which is how this happened in the first place.  Yes, everyone makes mistakes.  Some, however, make more than others, and some make bigger ones than others.  This one was such a whopper that systematic processes at most organizations would've prevented it.  The Athletic Department needs an overhaul top-down.  The overhaul needs to include new leadership, a staffing and budget review, and a review of decision making processes. The Athletic Department had a >$14.5M budget in 2016....and this is what we get?  Ticketgate could flip from another Athletic Department scandal, and instead become an opportunity for improvement.

Look at our AD's record.  Look at FB since he took over.  We've given up on MBB because we are a "FB school"...even though we know this is the only the second playoff appearance in 17 years for the "Team of the 90s."  Renewing Heacock's contract, Hill, Martin, Slocum, FB attendance...missteps which all deplete revenue generation and create a vicious cycle.

YSU FB's appearance in a National Championship game could be parlayed into something bigger but only if the right ppl are involved.

Before any apoplectic responses are posted...a reminder that we, as an alleged advanced species. can cheer as well as question.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2016, 03:12:43 PM »
I will ask you again Nation, since you ignored me last time are you going to the game

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2016, 08:39:33 PM »
I will ask you again Nation, since you ignored me last time are you going to the game

Ice...why does it matter.  Im seriously not trying to get into an argument.  I myself am just about over complaining about this. But, i suspect a heck of a lot of people are pissed...and equally as much as nation. And i think we have every right to be.  Our "7" are still going to the game but will sit in 4 separate areas.  And its just flipping crap.  And its crap that there is NO accountability.  I also suspect that if someone from YSU would just say they screwed up on purpose or on accident that most if not all us would say...ok...thank you for the apology.  What is wrong with simply admitting a mistake?  I think that is what most of us are saying.  And i think we have every right to an apology as well.

Anyway...go guins...see ya in Frisco

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2016, 09:28:59 PM »

Ice...why does it matter.  Im seriously not trying to get into an argument.  I myself am just about over complaining about this. But, i suspect a heck of a lot of people are pissed...and equally as much as nation. And i think we have every right to be.  Our "7" are still going to the game but will sit in 4 separate areas.  And its just flipping crap.  And its crap that there is NO accountability.  I also suspect that if someone from YSU would just say they screwed up on purpose or on accident that most if not all us would say...ok...thank you for the apology.  What is wrong with simply admitting a mistake?  I think that is what most of us are saying.  And i think we have every right to an apology as well.

Anyway...go guins...see ya in Frisco

I hear what your saying. I think at some point, someone needs to explain what happened. You also have to remember that these people have been off of work since they won in Eastern Washington. No that's not a excuse but could be a reason why no one has come out and said what happened. Hopefully they do soon.
As for Nation going or not going. My point is why would you let the screw up keep you from going, there still are tickets available and some people are just using it as a excuse.
I'm glad you will be there to support the kids and honestly that's all that really matters. It wasn't there fault someone screwed up

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2016, 11:13:37 PM »
Well I think this topic has run it's course. At the end of the day, we simply have nothing more than wishes. Yes, many did not get the tickets as easily as they had hoped, but they were not denied. Also, I think that number is much less than many others think. I tell you another number that is much less than people think. The number of tickets purchased by JMU.

YSU wishes they had the resources to purchase all of the tickets and distribute them, but we do not. One thing is for real ...we are in the championship game for the first time since 1999 and these guys deserve our undivided attention and support.

I am leaving it up, because everyone deserves a chance to read about it; but we need to look at more relevant topics, the first being this huge game on January 7. Time for a change of focus. I have locked this thread.

GO GUINS ... MAKE US PROUD!!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:14:35 PM by IAA Fan »