Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: YSU Baseball
« Last post by IAA Fan on Today at 12:09:08 PM »
There are lots of things that go into this. However, the biggest thing to know is that a few people stood up for the baseball team when it look like YSU was going to drop baseball the same year as Cleveland state and one of the other schools that dropped it I forget. So there’s definitely a financial situation involved here. Baseball is equivalency sport, so Bertolini can really distribute the scholarships (if there are any) as he sees fit.

The one thing that should be noted here is that FCS football is also an equivalency sport. So you can imagine that football alone has as many scholarships as all of our other men’s equivalency sports combined. But this is a football school . and with the most recent focus on women’s sports, one can imagine there’s been nothing going into baseball financially.
« Last post by Wick250 on May 25, 2024, 11:11:40 PM »
Cambell is the softball coach.  The baseball coach is Dan Bertolini. Since I do not know what resources YSU gives him compared to the other programs in the league, it is hard to decide on his fate. No doubt our tallent level is not up to the top teams. Also with NIL and transfer rules, if the coach does not adapt, it could be trouble. At this point the baseball program needs a change.  Need to depend on Ron Strollo since he knows the facts of the situation and I sure do not.

Here is the problem that will never go away. At Northern Kentucky and Wright State, baseball is the #2 men's sport and is undoubtedly financed accordingly. For us baseball is at best our #4 priority, behind track and field (and rightly so.) It would seem logical to assume that baseball is under-financed. In that case, perhaps we could do no better than Bertolini. But if resources are approximately equal, then the coach should go. As you note, only Strollo knows that information.
« Last post by Penquin68 on May 25, 2024, 07:37:09 PM »
Cambell is the softball coach.  The baseball coach is Dan Bertolini. Since I do not know what resources YSU gives him compared to the other programs in the league, it is hard to decide on his fate. No doubt our tallent level is not up to the top teams. Also with NIL and transfer rules, if the coach does not adapt, it could be trouble. At this point the baseball program needs a change.  Need to depend on Ron Strollo since he knows the facts of the situation and I sure do not.
« Last post by Dmorton on May 25, 2024, 07:33:31 PM »
I thought Campbell coached softball!
« Last post by YsuPride on May 25, 2024, 07:27:10 PM »
I only follow Men's basketball and football but what a mess the baseball program is becoming under Campbell.     Wouldn't you all agree?
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: YSU to Name Ethan Faulkner MBB Coach!
« Last post by YsuPride on May 25, 2024, 06:59:55 PM »
nice stats
« Last post by YsuPride on May 25, 2024, 06:57:32 PM »
I agree Campbell should be let go.
« Last post by goodnews on May 25, 2024, 06:11:47 PM »
A record of 16-44 and a lot of money spent.  I think a new voice is in order.
« Last post by InTheYo on May 25, 2024, 03:29:23 PM »
Pathetic effort by the bullpen! No support for the starter at all!
In their defense, they already had to pitch quite a bit the past few games just to get us to this point.
« Last post by Dmorton on May 25, 2024, 02:07:45 PM »
Pathetic effort by the bullpen! No support for the starter at all!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10