Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: Missouri St
« Last post by guinpen on May 11, 2024, 07:53:54 AM »
I cannot imagine that the opportunity to move up in football will last very long, a lot of schools will have the same dream that Missouri St is now living but I do not see the G5 diluting itself by taking everyone that wants in. Probably too late already for most schools like YSU.

Does not seem that YSU has the aggressive attitude needed to stay relevant. Excuses are easier to find then solutions.

Football will suffer the most, unless we find some major NIL money, we will never be a factor in the play-offs again. The new reality with paying players means that you no longer will build a program, you will need to buy a program.

YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: Horizon softball tournament
« Last post by guinpen on May 11, 2024, 07:19:33 AM »
Unreal, two and done! No doubt the ladies feel bad but it was still a great season.
« Last post by YsuPride on May 11, 2024, 07:18:22 AM »
We got eliminated even though we had home field.
How pathetic.
« Last post by YsuPride on May 11, 2024, 07:13:36 AM »
We need to look into this route in due time. Stambaugh will need some loving or upgrades especially the piss poor restrooms for fans.  No lighting at all in the men's restroom.    The room with all of the past stuff needs updated as well. It is just used to get warm.  So YSU has some thinking to do.  I hear Delaware is moving to that conference as well.  Even Kennesaw St is making the jump. We need to think hard and long about moving up because all of the good teams have moved up and had success.  Time for us to make the move.
« Last post by goodnews on May 10, 2024, 09:47:55 PM »
Very little  vision for years in the offices of Stambaugh Stadium.  We built and improved facilities that were much needed but we got stuck!  I saw a state where the state universities in Ohio have had the largest enrollment drop in the country the last few years.  What happens if the football money games dry up? 
« Last post by IAA Fan on May 10, 2024, 08:56:11 PM »
If anyone is interested, the elimination game is on ESPN plus
YSU Penguin Athletics / Horizon softball tournament
« Last post by IAA Fan on May 10, 2024, 07:39:32 PM »
I had a feeling we were going putt quick. We lost game one now we play game two and just a few minutes and of course, if we lose this one we’re out. With our record, all we had to do which win a few games in the tournament and I bet we would’ve gotten an invitation to the NCAA aggravating.
« Last post by Wick250 on May 10, 2024, 05:19:13 PM »
I could understand how a DI basketball school could harm their primary sport by making a football move within the P5. Big money and much more of that on the way. But G5 Conference USA? From those articles MSU expects the move to be revenue neutral. Really. 800k increase in revenue will cover 22 additional football scholarships, scholarships for more women's sports, and monumental travel costs as you transport your Olympic sports teams from Delaware to New Mexico? Good luck with that.

I wonder how their men and women basketball fans like replacing their traditional Missouri Valley rivalries with this coast-to-coast band of DI misfits that strong conferences don't want.

The funny part is that the MSU administration does not recognize that ALL FCS and G5 programs are screwed. Within five years the P5 (or is it P4 now) will dominate all television revenue and exposure.
« Last post by YSUGO on May 10, 2024, 04:50:59 PM »
Here’s more Missouri St also figured the topfootball teams in conference are probably as good the Dakotas and feel they will be able to compete plus a donor is giving 5 million etc. 

https://footballscoop.com/news/missouri-state-to-join-conference-usa-conference-realignment
« Last post by YSUGO on May 10, 2024, 04:43:05 PM »
I have said this before if we stay where we are at it’s a money loser and with NIL program development and building is screwed because the big schools will poach our players.  Rocky times ahead
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10