Author Topic: YSU wins  (Read 33166 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: YSU wins
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »
I know that we are supposedly playing a "bend-but-don't break" defense, but was still give up too much. I think we gave Johnson over 100-yards & 2-TD's on the ground & then everything that that QB wanted was his for most of the game. I do not see us getting away with that at NDSU, ILS, and SDSU.

I really think that we can go a long way with a simple pass rush over the next 2-weeks. If we can just force the pass more quickly & drop some runners before they pick up 4-5 yards on 1st-down.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2012, 03:23:26 PM »
I know that we are supposedly playing a "bend-but-don't break" defense, but was still give up too much. I think we gave Johnson over 100-yards & 2-TD's on the ground & then everything that that QB wanted was his for most of the game. I do not see us getting away with that at NDSU, ILS, and SDSU.

I really think that we can go a long way with a simple pass rush over the next 2-weeks. If we can just force the pass more quickly & drop some runners before they pick up 4-5 yards on 1st-down.

I'm not too worried about this team ~ except the special teams/tackling.  SDSU and NDSU will really test the offense and then we'll see what we are made of. Ill ST. will be another shoot out and the team with the ball last and makes the most of it win's.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2012, 03:54:27 PM »
>:Bottom line give the other team some credit UNI is a good football team and the QB is going to be a nightmare the rest of his career for opposing "D"s.  :o
Is he a good QB - yes. Is or will he be a great QB - to soon to say. A good OL will make any QB look better then he may be. He had plenty of time to throw.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2012, 04:40:31 PM »
It is just that someone needs to tell Wolf to act like a head-coach, and stop begging for noise.
Myself and the others I attend the games with couldn't agree more.  He needs to focus on coaching, and let the trainers, equipment managers, and redshirts work the crowd.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »
He's coaching the team and the fans to get off thieir ass and make noise.  Our fans shouldn't have to be told what to do like at The Citadel.  Tamron was running all over them and the announcer was onthe PA system ordering everyone to cheer louder.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2012, 08:37:23 PM »
It is just that someone needs to tell Wolf to act like a head-coach, and stop begging for noise.
Myself and the others I attend the games with couldn't agree more.  He needs to focus on coaching, and let the trainers, equipment managers, and redshirts work the crowd.
True he should focus on coaching but he shouldn't have to prod us to cheer and make noise,we should do it on our own.However he does have a greater influence over the crowd than trainers and managers .

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2012, 09:20:06 PM »
Doesn't matter how good or bad the defense is. Our offense will always keep us in the game

Offline GOpenZ

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 09:55:21 PM »
True he should focus on coaching but he shouldn't have to prod us to cheer and make noise,we should do it on our own.However he does have a greater influence over the crowd than trainers and managers .

Exactly. Very well put.

Z

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 11:00:40 PM »
On the radio show this evening, Wolford implied that the two Williams linebackers had their playing times reduced because they were tardy to a team meeting.  Hope he gets that straightened out.  Also, that makes me feel better about the defense than I did 48 hours ago.  With the absence of these two linebackers and the injuries on the d-line, that was not the same defense that contained Pittsburgh.  And we are going to really need THAT defense in the upcoming month.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 05:58:35 AM »
Just a few notes from the MVFC Players of the Week:

SPECIAL TEAMS POW
RS/RB Carlos Anderson, UNI
5-8, 172, Sr,. Blue Springs (Mo.) High
Anderson had a huge game on special teams for the Panthers against Youngstown State racking up 176 yards off of kick-off returns. The 176 yards are the most in the league this season. He had returns of 22 and 31 yards in the first quarter -- his first return setting up a UNI touchdown. In the third quarter, YSU tied up the score 28-28, but off the kick-off Anderson tore and fought for every yard of his 23-yard return to set up the Panthers with good field position and late in the fourth quarter after YSU took the lead, Anderson was able to break free for another large gain off the kick-off notching a 33-yard gain.

DEFENSE
LB T.J. Lally, South Dakota State
6-0, 225, R-Fr., Chicago (Ill.) Marmion Academy
Lally recorded 10 tackles, including a half-tackle for loss, and added an interception and two more pass breakups as South Dakota State opened league action with a 24-10 victory at No. 22 Indiana State on Sept. 22. For the game, SDSU held Indiana State to 23 net yards rushing on 25 attempts. The Jackrabbits limited Walter Payton Award candidate Shakir Bell to 54 yards on 18 carries and, other than on a fake punt, did not allow a rushing play of more than five yards.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 08:16:09 AM »
Doesn't matter how good or bad the defense is. Our offense will always keep us in the game

We'll see in two weeks.  8) Maybe even more of a test SDSU in Brookings see below to see what they did to super star Bell in Terre Haute  fb

DEFENSE
Lally recorded 10 tackles, including a half-tackle for loss, and added an interception and two more pass breakups as South Dakota State opened league action with a 24-10 victory at No. 22 Indiana State on Sept. 22. For the game, SDSU held Indiana State to 23 net yards rushing on 25 attempts. The Jackrabbits limited Walter Payton Award candidate Shakir Bell to 54 yards on 18 carries and, other than on a fake punt, did not allow a rushing play of more than five yards.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:52:36 AM by ysubigred »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2012, 08:53:56 AM »
Just a few notes from the MVFC Players of the Week:

SPECIAL TEAMS POW
RS/RB Carlos Anderson, UNI
5-8, 172, Sr,. Blue Springs (Mo.) High
Anderson had a huge game on special teams for the Panthers against Youngstown State racking up 176 yards off of kick-off returns. The 176 yards are the most in the league this season. He had returns of 22 and 31 yards in the first quarter -- his first return setting up a UNI touchdown. In the third quarter, YSU tied up the score 28-28, but off the kick-off Anderson tore and fought for every yard of his 23-yard return to set up the Panthers with good field position and late in the fourth quarter after YSU took the lead, Anderson was able to break free for another large gain off the kick-off notching a 33-yard gain.

DEFENSE

This is impressive ^^

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2012, 04:28:39 PM »
Great highlight video from athletic dept. Gives you goose bumps!!
youtube.com/watch?v=ymtxrO

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
Great highlight video from athletic dept. Gives you goose bumps!!
youtube.com/watch?v=ymtxrO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opsoVD100GY

This link works a little better

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2012, 06:23:11 PM »
About cheering

In my 70 years of cheering football, I have NEVER
needed a COACH to signal me "cheer now".  Sorry,
IMO I think a Coach has enough to do, following the
plays of his team.  When QB Hess (Jon Heacocks recruit)
fades back for a pass.....I yell.  When defense is in action,
I yell.  Is that too difficult?

SOME people don't want to stand and cheer, but they
have paid for their seat, as has those that cheer...so
to each his own.  Go to the game, do as you please, but
NEVER do I need the head football coach to tell me to
CHEER.  Can I tell him.....DO YOUR JOB...then I'll have
something to cheer about.

GO PENQUINS (I always cheer)