Author Topic: Scout.com story on Ricardo Dixon and Deionte Williams  (Read 2389 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Scout.com story on Ricardo Dixon and Deionte Williams
« on: August 23, 2012, 12:03:38 PM »

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1214113.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Former South Florida defensive back Ricardo Dixon has enrolled at Youngstown State, where he will play this season with his brother Deionte Williams.

Youngstown State will have two members of a Florida family playing in the defensive backfield this season, as former South Florida cornerback Ricardo Dixon has joined his brother, safety Deionte Williams, at the school.
"I'm eligible to play right away, and I'm going through fall camp right now, battling for a spot," Dixon stated. "My knee is feeling good and I'm in the depth chart. They are looking to keep me healthy for the season, and things are great. I'm happy to be at Youngstown State, with my brother."

"It's great being with Deionte, because we've been apart the past few years, so this is great," he added. "Our relationship keeps both of us focused on football, and we are able to talk every day about where we need to be. I'm a junior eligibility-wise and I'm focused on getting my degree, and trying to contribute to this program. I'm adjusting well to being away from home and I love it here. The big thing for me is my knee being fine, and me being healthy."

For Williams, who is in his third year in the program following a transfer from West Hills Community College in California, it's a blessing being reunited with his brother.

"Having Ricky here is great and I went to the coaches to tell them we needed him here," Williams stated. "Having my little brother here is great, and it gives me the opportunity to teach him the ropes. We are having a great time, and I'm looking forward to having him here for my senior season. This is my last year, and I'm excited to go out with my best."

"I'm expecting to play a lot at safety this season," he said. "We are all about competition at YSU, and we are competing for everything right now. Our goal is to have both of us on the field together. I will be graduating with a degree in criminal justice this spring, so my experience at Youngstown has been great. I want us to win this year, being my teammates and the coaches are great. That's why I wanted my brother here with me."

Youngstown State will open the season September 1st, with a road game at Pittsburgh.