Author Topic: UNI Week  (Read 4042 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
UNI Week
« on: September 25, 2023, 08:49:48 PM »
Well, it's UNI week. UNI has been not looking like UNI of late, but given our track record against them AND this is at the dome, I do not feel confident.

Hope we win, and on paper we should but again just not confident.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UNI Week
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 08:01:18 AM »
Keep our heads on straight, play our game and no reason we should not win.

Hate playing in a barn.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 10:51:36 AM »
Get the running game going especially with at least 25 carries for #10 to stop the linebackers from dropping back to cut off our crossing passes for our WRs & TE.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 11:44:51 AM »
Defensively we keep doing what we do against the run. Force Day to go to the air. I am hoping the reason we have not been getting good pass rush is the fact that we have not needed nor shown blitz packages and coverages. We need to harass Day all day.No pun intended. I know we have not put together solid a 4 quarters of football and this needs to happen this week. Keep the gas on the entire game and don’t let them think they have a chance. Agree with the run on offense. Make them stop it. I too am weary of the barn and the fact we have not won there since the 20th century but I think the hex ends on Oct. 30. Get some turnovers and we win this game.

GO GUINS!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2023, 05:20:44 PM »
I watched some of the UNI-Weber State game. Weber was able to pressure Day, and he made mistakes. We simply must find a pass rush, with well-designed blitz packages if necessary. Otherwise Day will pick us apart.

Most of our games in the UNI gym followed a similar scenario. They stopped our run and we were not sophisticated enough to hurt them with a passing game. This might be the best balanced offense that we are ever sending to that cursed facility. The UNI defense could not contain Weber. I believe that we are better. We shall see.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2023, 07:04:16 PM »
Check this out.  Their reporters don't seem concerned about us.  Farley comes out and says late in the interview that YSU looks like the old teams, big, physical and athletic.  He said we look like an MVFC team and we're ranked because of our personnel. That's about as far as he goes.  Sounds like their secondary is inexperienced.

https://unipanthers.com/watch/?Archive=5755&type=Archive

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 11:00:37 AM »
I am hoping for a good showing on the part of the penguins! 27 hours till gametime!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 04:27:54 PM »
All do respect, why would the announcers be concerned?  We've done nothing to scare any opponent.  Not to mention our abysmal record in that building.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2023, 08:12:49 AM »
2pm is kick.  Lets see how we go after this very important league game.   Win and we have a chance for 3rd in conference as most good league teams we have at home this year including SDSU.  1st we have to beat UNI on the road for a chance for any type of upper league finish or playoffs.   I believe we can beat them.   Thoughts????

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 11:15:48 AM »
2pm is kick.  Lets see how we go after this very important league game.   Win and we have a chance for 3rd in conference as most good league teams we have at home this year including SDSU.  1st we have to beat UNI on the road for a chance for any type of upper league finish or playoffs.   I believe we can beat them.   Thoughts????
Run #10 to setup the passes. Put pressure on their QB so he does not have time to explore our pass defense. If we play like the second half agonist Ohio State (only giving up 7 points in the 2nd half) and eliminate the silly penalties, we should be able to win.
I assume all you guys know that I am stating the obvious…

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2023, 11:30:21 AM »
Double ET you hit it on the head.   Go guins

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2023, 01:12:33 PM »
If we can pressure their QB, I am confident in the penguins offense to score enough points to win. We are very balanced this year and UNI's defense isn't as good as normal.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2023, 02:04:02 PM »
Quality of video not the best I can tell...wow

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2023, 02:18:57 PM »
Video not even working on ESPN+ for me. I am listening on iheart radio because of that

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2023, 02:26:09 PM »
Was Davidson playing with a brace on his left calf / ankle to start the game? Looks like that's what's hurting him now. Hopefully he is alright