YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Kentucky Game!

<< < (20/20)

Penquin68:
I thought our Defense played as well as they could. Our zone defense is lacking with too many holes for receivers, but the man defense is good in my opinion. Both would be helped with a better pass rush, but against a number 9 FBS team, you really can't expect that. Our D will be ok in my opinion, but they need help from the Offense, as does our team in general.

The Offense is lacking any passing threat. Unfortunately against a 9th ranked FBS team you can't expect our O line to give the QB lots of time. BUT our QB really stares down his primary receiver and is not all that accurate. If he is not going to be a part of our run game, Mitch Davidson would be a much better option in my opinion. Almost reminds me of the year that Hunter Wells was a forgotten QB, was inserted and we went to the NC game! Not saying that is in the cards this year, but in my opinion MD deserves a chance. And we lack a power back for short yardage situations like 1st and goal at the 2 yard line. No doubt we should have tried to run the ball on 1st down and forget the fade route in the end zone that seems to be our only pass play in close. Every team knows that by now. Reminds me of when Bill Narduzzi was the coach and he had his favorite play, a quick kick on 3rd down.

In summary our defense is good enough for us to win more games than we lose, but the offense needs to get going soon or we will lose quite a few games.

Kandrase:
In other MVFC VS FBS games NDSU lost to Arizona, which is typically not a great program. Could be a sign that NDSU isn’t quite as elite as they typically are… but that might just be wishful thinking.

Dmorton:
I watched the game.  It is wishful thinking!

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: Dmorton on September 19, 2022, 04:58:04 PM ---I watched the game.  It is wishful thinking!

--- End quote ---

I did too, that fullback looks like a handful. I was just thinking in a typical year the Bison should beat a bad FBS team by 1-2 scores. But maybe Arizona is good

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version