YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Kentucky Game!

<< < (19/20) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 18, 2022, 04:41:41 PM ---Good thing that you corrected that, Power.  You had me worried about you for a second. 8)

I could not watch the game.  From the comments I am a$$uming that the coaches again forced Crenshaw to act like a traditional pa$$er which he is not and can never be.  He can be valuable as a running qb who might become proficient with play-action pa$$es.  Expecting him to be anything else is unfair to him and to us. Why the offensive coaches can not see what we all understand is incomprehensible to me.

Before we become too depressed, take some consolation in the old football adage: run the ball and stop the run. NDSU is going to annihilate us.  After that there is no reason that we cannot compete with the remaining seven opponents on our schedule.

--- End quote ---

We didn't convert a single 3rd down or 4th down.  The defense played a stellar game.  You couldn't ask them for anything more.  Had they not been on the field the entire game, and we at least flipped field position a few times the score would have been much closer. I feel good about how the defense played.  They have a lot to build on.  It was very good defensive performance.  The score was a result of bad offense and mistakes on special teams and offense that forced them on the field.  Maybe we could have tightened up the coverage in the secondary, but our linebackers and DL held their own. The corners got exposed a little.

penguinpower:
Our defense showed us that they can keep us in games.  But we have to be able to something on offense and eliminate the mistakes on offense and special teams.

YsuPride:
YO SHOW its mainly Stambaugh Stadium main side.   it needs remodeled somewhat.  Restrooms are so dimly lit.
Plus it seems like this seating in general needs to be general seats.  Just my thoughts

YsuPride:
Beeghly needs a remodel main court seating so 1980's.  Bleachers

The YO Show:
Pride, ok since we are talking Beeghly, and possible update on the main side of the stadium for football, I agree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version