Author Topic: President Tressel  (Read 15887 times)

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: President Tressel
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 08:18:35 PM »
After winning four National Championships, funding the WATTS, bringing in Bo Pelini, he reverses the declining enrollment numbers with high caliber students, and doubles funding for the YSU Foundation.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/aug/19/retention-key-tressel-says-state-university/

When will President Tressel leave YSU to run for statewide or Federal office? (not a joke)

Never since he wouldn't be elected and would get flat out destroyed in any election.

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 08:22:21 PM »
I'll leave this here.  IMO there's a 60/40 likelihood that Tressel runs for Governor in 2018, and Kasich will return the favor and endorse him.  It'll be an interesting race as other locals (Timmy Ryan, Jay Williams) may also run, as well as former Cincy mayor Jerry Springer.  But running as a Dem?....the columnist is delusional.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2017/01/10/democrats-should-draft-jim-tressel-run-governor/96384816/
One delusional post after another from you here. First its almost 100% unlikely he's ever going to run, let alone run next year. Second, you know he's donated more to democratic causes than republican right?

Third, he'll be, i believe 66 by the time next years election comes up, with ZERO government experiance

he would be laughed off the face of the earth at applying to be elected

ValleyTalk

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »
I'll leave this here.  IMO there's a 60/40 likelihood that Tressel runs for Governor in 2018, and Kasich will return the favor and endorse him.  It'll be an interesting race as other locals (Timmy Ryan, Jay Williams) may also run, as well as former Cincy mayor Jerry Springer.  But running as a Dem?....the columnist is delusional.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2017/01/10/democrats-should-draft-jim-tressel-run-governor/96384816/
One delusional post after another from you here. First its almost 100% unlikely he's ever going to run, let alone run next year. Second, you know he's donated more to democratic causes than republican right?

Third, he'll be, i believe 66 by the time next years election comes up, with ZERO government experiance

1. Tressel is a Republican. He endorsed Kasich, but has donated to GOP candidates in past:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204731804574386952311239532 and this bizarre article: http://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/2017/01/10/democrats-should-draft-jim-tressel-run-governor/96384816/

2. They said that about Trump too.... but now he is Making America Great Again!

Lastly, I don't see Tressel running. It will be DeWine, Taylor, Husted vs Schiavoni, Turner, Williams?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:33:35 PM by ValleyTalk »

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 09:18:59 PM »

1. Tressel is a Republican. He endorsed Kasich, but has donated to GOP candidates in past:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204731804574386952311239532 and this bizarre article: http://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/2017/01/10/democrats-should-draft-jim-tressel-run-governor/96384816/

Lastly, I don't see Tressel running. It will be DeWine, Taylor, Husted vs Schiavoni, Turner, Williams?

OH man, he helped  a freind get a job, that really defines what party he likes! or you know, his monetary contributions and his voting (also more pro dem then pub)

and no they didn't, but hey, try again right? in fact i remember just about everyone saying Trump would get it over the clown show the republicans ran out this year. making american great again, lol, my thats just too funny. we're guarenteed to be worse off in 4 years then the past 400.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2017, 09:35:14 PM »
I usually ignore trolls, but the troll raises an interesting point about experience.

The governorship is an executive position.  The president of a University is an executive position, and Tressel has performed remarkably well at it.  Interestingly, many scoffed that a FB coach could run a University...how wrong they were.

The POTUS is also an executive position, and Trump is the 6th POTUS in US history to have zero experience in elected office prior to being POTUS.  Ike is another example.  I did not vote for Trump, but he seems to be effectively doing what he wants to do.  There are some people that will just get the job done no matter what, and Tressel and Trump are both examples of that.  Winners win.

Career politicians were never the intent of the Founders, who envisioned citizen politicians.  Career politicians are parasites, and their job is a joke compared to any legit job.  A newspaper route is a more challenging and honorable job.  To use political "experience" as justification for voting for someone demonstrates profound ignorance about what most elected positions entail.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

ValleyTalk

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 10:23:33 PM »

OH man, he helped  a freind get a job, that really defines what party he likes! or you know, his monetary contributions and his voting (also more pro dem then pub)

and no they didn't, but hey, try again right? in fact i remember just about everyone saying Trump would get it over the clown show the republicans ran out this year. making american great again, lol, my thats just too funny. we're guarenteed to be worse off in 4 years then the past 400.
He could be a Dem, but published election contributions show his only contributions have been to the RNC and GOP Congressmen Stivers in Columbus, both in 2008. This election cycle, nothing from him, but his wife did donate multiple times to Trump and the OH GOP. She also donated once to Timmy Ryan. Of course spouses can hold different political views.

And yes, I'm soooooo scared of the irreparable damage my fellow millennials continue to spew regarding Trump. I've been critical of Donald on a number of occasions the past two years, but I'm very optimistic for the next four years after what I've seen over the past week.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:24:20 PM by ValleyTalk »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 08:32:46 AM »
First: JT is a Republican.
Second: He would be the best governor Ohio every had. (IMO, the bar is not all that high)
Three:  Some (many) politicians say the right thing and do the wrong thing.  Trump appears to be the opposite.     He says (tweets) the wrong things, but does the right things.  To be honest, I think we may like the career politician who tells us what we want to hear and stabs us in the back better.  CERTAINLY the media does.
Fourth: I come to this blog to get away from the troubles if life and chat about the Penquins.  This thread sucks.
Bye
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 08:53:48 AM »
  Tressel's last job will be YSU President, and that is a lock.  I am a Tressel fan, but a political run would open up many wounds, and he does have baggage.  Mickey Monus and Ray Isaac debacle that swept under the rug, and his resignation at Ohio State.

He will never put himself through any of that.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 09:13:02 AM »
  Tressel's last job will be YSU President, and that is a lock.  I am a Tressel fan, but a political run would open up many wounds, and he does have baggage.  Mickey Monus and Ray Isaac debacle that swept under the rug, and his resignation at Ohio State.

He will never put himself through any of that.
If he ran, he would win, and he is younger than Trump.  We'll see.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 09:17:57 AM »
For my own selfish reasons I hope JT stays.  BP said JT was a big reason for him going to YSU.  Recruits have said the JT/BP combo was a big factor for them.  If JT leaves, BP will follow (I think he's gone either way TBH), and it'll had a significant negative impact on athletics, especially FB, at YSU.

JT is an ambitious guy.  I think he makes the leap.

As far as the skeletons go, JT's are trivial compared to most. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:21:13 AM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »
For my own selfish reasons I hope JT stays.  BP said JT was a big reason for him going to YSU.  Recruits have said the JT/BP combo was a big factor for them.  If JT leaves, BP will follow (I think he's gone either way TBH), and it'll had a significant negative impact on athletics, especially FB, at YSU.

JT is an ambitious guy.  I think he makes the leap.

As far as the skeletons go, JT's are trivial compared to most.
Anybody see the reception JT received in the "shoe" with the NC team?  That's pretty close to 105,000 Ohio voters.  Tressel is this nice, soft spoken, folksy guy, but you don’t play for 9 national championships and win 5 without a big ego and some major internal ambition.   Three things: 1. Anybody think he’d have fund raising trouble? No, me either.  2. I have a 50 year OSU season ticket holder friend who wanted Mason from Minn at the the time for OSU coach and I told him, “if Tressel gets an interview, he’ll get the job.”  That skill translates 100% straight to the campaign trail.  3. This would be TERRIBLE for YSU.  We have Pelini for 2 years and then we need a new HC and I want Tressel here to recruit and chose.