Author Topic: Thank You Youngstown and Especially Coach Wolford....  (Read 4821 times)

Offline MrGuin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Thank You Youngstown and Especially Coach Wolford....
« on: November 25, 2014, 06:16:40 AM »
Just a note to say thanks to the wonderful city Youngstown, Ohio. My family and I have only known you for two years but in that time you have made us feel extremely welcome. We have met the most wonderful people because of YSU Football. Tony and Rita Adams are the best, you made us feel welcome from the start. Those tailgate memories will last forever. We will always be Penguins....

I want to give a SPECIAL HUGE thanks to Coach Wolford. He gave my son the opportunity of a lifetime. He gave him the power to live his dream. He took a kid from California and sold him on North East, Ohio. He believed in him when most didn't. So for that, I can never thank him enough.

Thanks Coach, God Bless and best of luck.

Rick Cejudo

ValleyTalk

Re: Thank You Youngstown and Especially Coach Wolford....
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:28:00 AM »
Just a note to say thanks to the wonderful city Youngstown, Ohio. My family and I have only known you for two years but in that time you have made us feel extremely welcome. We have met the most wonderful people because of YSU Football. Tony and Rita Adams are the best, you made us feel welcome from the start. Those tailgate memories will last forever. We will always be Penguins....

I want to give a SPECIAL HUGE thanks to Coach Wolford. He gave my son the opportunity of a lifetime. He gave him the power to live his dream. He took a kid from California and sold him on North East, Ohio. He believed in him when most didn't. So for that, I can never thank him enough.

Rick Cejudo
Thank you for entrusting your son to Coach Wolford. He is an outstanding student athlete and had a great career at YSU. YSU has a long history of having terrific kickers and your son only added to that.

Go YSU!

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:08:38 AM »
Mr. Cejudo,

This is a lot of things that people don't understand about college football and college football coaches.... By saying this, I'm talking about them being their away from home father figures.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 11:25:46 AM »

Rick Cejudo

Your son is a great young man! Best of luck to him as his journey continues!!!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »
As he has done in the past...

@WeAreYoungstown Kudos to Coach Wolford for handing out turkey's this morning for Thanksgiving for the @ymv_unitedway! #Classy #Respect

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 05:40:43 PM »
Glad we had a chance to watch him play
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »
Historically, we have had a tremendous string of kickers and Joey is as good as any of them. What a leg. His improvement from 2013 to 2014 was quite noticeable. I suspect he will get a chance at the next level.

I sat right across from your family at the last game & it was nice to meet you. I am a Santa Ana native myself. Don't let this coaching change put a bad taste in your mouth ...it happens at everywhere. In what I consider one of the most gifted senior classes in my 30+ years as a fan ...Joey is a star.