Author Topic: Official: Head Coach Search Thread  (Read 238632 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Official: Head Coach Search Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2014, 03:43:19 PM »
What about Dayton's head coach Rick Chamberlin?

Too old and not enough success at Dayton.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2014, 05:40:58 PM »
Wright would be o.k. With me

BTW,ysu go, I am usually on the record about most things discussed here. Evidence -- many do not like my predictions or comments , but I am always open about it. That's not like many here who are glorified cheerleaders with no original thoughts except to be homers.   And far be it to tell Strollo how to be AD. He is still in on the job training with multiple mistakes in personnel and handling contracts.

First, you need to review WHO applies as this isn't that great a job. Candidate must demonstrate strong recruiting abilities and contacts. Head coach preferred but coordinator experience is a minimum requirement showing very good results. Experience at previous coaching stops and the results will play a strong part. Expect him to explain his o and d outlooks and preference as today's game is wide open and innovative. Has he kept up with the changing times. I don't care about charities or do good work. I am hiring a FB coach and want a successful one, not a priest or social worker. However must have strong PR skills as the Valley  expects him to kiss their arse. Oh, and job pays no more than $250K.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:31:44 PM by paladin »

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2014, 08:51:44 PM »
There will be no D-III coaches considered as they do not have the recruiting background needed for D-I recruiting.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2014, 11:17:05 AM »
I know Joe Moorhead, head coach of Fordham, has been mentioned. I really like this man and his credentials, but this will be no easy hire.

After just his 2nd year at Fordham, there were reports swirling that he was a contender for the UConn head coaching job. He stated he would remain committed and Fordham rewarded him with an extension thru 2021!

Interesting read on the Fordham boards: http://fordhamfans.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,7441.0.html

Being Fordham is a private school, the details of the extension were not released. Thus, it is hard to say what sort of salary he is receiving.

We shall see if he is truly a candidate for this job over the next week or two. Fordham plays in the FCS playoffs Saturday vs. Sacred Heart and one would think they will be heavily favored in that game. If they win, their days are numbered as they will have to take on #1 New Hampshire in round 2.

Offline 1a4YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2014, 11:53:29 AM »
  Coach/President  Tressel was hired at YSU in 1985. That was 30 years ago. Coach Tressel had many years of experience in 1a/FBS football. Hopefully, YSU athletic administrators and the Board are not considering coaches from the FCS or levels below.  Even the former coach was from South Carolina. YSU needs a experienced FBS coach to take the program to FBS/1a.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2014, 06:55:18 PM »
Mark Snyder is Available.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline 1a4YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2014, 08:00:44 PM »
I think Mark Snyder would be very successful  at YSU.................

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2014, 08:01:48 PM »
No thanks to Snyder. Guy sucked at Marshall and could never get A&M to even have a solid defense to keep them in games in the SEC.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2014, 08:07:01 PM »
I would like to see Mark Mangino back...but then again, I hoped that we would be in the playoffs and avoid this whole situation. 

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2014, 10:44:09 PM »
Mark Snyder was a guy in the right place when dantonio left for the Cincinnati gig and turned the job into the marshall gig.

He is an ok coach but he isnt the recruiter needed to win at YSU

kforbs126

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2014, 11:12:06 AM »
Well Bo Pelini is available but I highly doubt he'd come coach at YSU.  He'll get a bunch of DC opportunities. 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2014, 11:14:37 AM »
I'll take Bo tomorrow but no way he wants to step down to FCS level. Especially working for a man who used to compete against.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2014, 11:17:20 AM »
Rumors going around that Craig Bohl took Wyoming job to prove himself in FBS level and make the eventual move to Nebraska.... Interesting.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2014, 12:37:01 PM »
@FakeUrban: Hey @JimTressel5 - I have the perfect candidate for your Youngstown State head coaching gig. http://t.co/wNVfKKQA4d

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »
Article says Fickell may be next YSU FB HC........in 2008.

http://stilespoints.blogspot.com/2008/10/random-thoughts.html
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen