Author Topic: Accountability and YSU Athletics  (Read 12721 times)

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Accountability and YSU Athletics
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 07:22:24 PM »
It would be best for all parties if Wolford were allowed to resign. 

I absolutely agree Wick.  Just was looking thru Twitter-verse and Scalzo said Wolford would like to come back.  Here's hoping he's not a hard-a$$ about it and just accepts the fact that his time here is overwith.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:23:30 PM by SoupCity »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 07:42:16 PM »
If u make a change it better be spot on or D-1 football will be dead here. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpotter

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 07:52:33 PM »
"He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery." - Harold Wilson

Tough game to watch. Change is needed immediately.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »
You missed my point about making a change.  Look at the Browns and Steelers ...continuity and stability are important.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 08:02:58 PM »
"He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery." - Harold Wilson

Tough game to watch. Change is needed immediately.

^^^^Awesome!!  PenguinPotter is right on!

A few more faves:

“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin

“When you’re finished changing, you’re finished.” – Benjamin Franklin

“If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.” – Lao Tzu
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Spiderlegs

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »
If u make a change it better be spot on or D-1 football will be dead here.

It's close to dead already. W. isn't the root of all evil and has handled some aspects of the program well, but sometimes he has to win that big game. The fans are now voting with their feet. I don't know how he can come back from this.

I looked at the enthusiasm of the crowd in the Fargodome today, and then I flipped to Iowa-Wisconsin. I'm wondering how come we can't have this.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 06:08:53 AM »
My guess: Pat Narduzzi and Luke Fickell aren't taking pay cuts of $500,000 or $600,000 to come to Youngstown if the job comes open.

Luke Fickle is a dumb ass anyway.  If you want to see more bad defense then hire him.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 08:03:07 AM »
Our football and men's basketball are a joke now.  The valley is not interested in the losing ways and coaches with no personality.  Did you ever see a post game talk from Wolford or Slocum it makes you want to jump off a bridge?     If nothing is done to change football fortunes this week then kiss any fan support we have left goodbye including myself.   I hope Tressel shakes up the athletic dept starting with Firing of Wolford then Fire Strollo as well.   Things need to change NOW and the University needs to listen to the fans for once.