Author Topic: Hunter Wells Starting QB....  (Read 4196 times)

Offline MrGuin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Hunter Wells Starting QB....
« on: October 14, 2014, 01:12:27 PM »
According to Dana Balash, Coach Wolf has said that  Hunter Wells will be the starter on Saturday. That seems like the right call. Let's hope the young man can get it done and play up to his potential.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter Wells Starting QB....
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:25:41 PM »
Coach Wolford has stated both quarterbacks will play again this Saturday with Wells getting the start. This is the first type of quarterback controversy under Wolford since the graduation of Kurt Hess. Obviously coming off a tough loss and heading into the 2nd half of the season it's the last thing a program needs. Wolford has also stated that he thinks it's good because it's harder for defenses to adjust. I'm a firm believer you have to build your offensive game plan around your strengths of one quarterback. Two system quarterbacks rarely work on any kind of level if ever. It can lead to a divided locker room and it's more difficult for players to gel together as a unit. I feel Wells was put into the W.I.U. game because the coaches knew they would have to spread the field to give them any chance to win the game plus he can make the throws into tight windows. S.I.U. will bring a tough defense to town on Saturday. Hopefully one of the quarterbacks will step up and take the lead and prove that they can be the starter.That may be just what the coaching staff is looking for..thoughts??

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »
Deadening on analysis.  Agree 100%

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 12:14:19 PM »
Coach Wolford has stated both quarterbacks will play again this Saturday with Wells getting the start. This is the first type of quarterback controversy under Wolford since the graduation of Kurt Hess. Obviously coming off a tough loss and heading into the 2nd half of the season it's the last thing a program needs. Wolford has also stated that he thinks it's good because it's harder for defenses to adjust. I'm a firm believer you have to build your offensive game plan around your strengths of one quarterback. Two system quarterbacks rarely work on any kind of level if ever. It can lead to a divided locker room and it's more difficult for players to gel together as a unit. I feel Wells was put into the W.I.U. game because the coaches knew they would have to spread the field to give them any chance to win the game plus he can make the throws into tight windows. S.I.U. will bring a tough defense to town on Saturday. Hopefully one of the quarterbacks will step up and take the lead and prove that they can be the starter.That may be just what the coaching staff is looking for..thoughts??
Agree. Since Wells has been named the starter, it will give him more time to work with th 1st team OL and receivers during practices this week.This is especially important for a Freshman.
With his height, he should be able to find receivers crossing the middle or the TE. Let us hope the OL can give him time.