Author Topic: Other Scores of Interest  (Read 3094 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Other Scores of Interest
« on: September 07, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »
McNeese 24
(19) Nebraska 31
-This one was closer that it looked. We did this against a terrible Illinois team and McNeese did it against a ranked Big-10 team.

E. Washington 52
Washington 59

E. Kentucky 17
Miami (OH) 10

Missouri State 23
OK State 40

William and Mary 42
Hampton 14
Tribe looks good again.

Butler 22
Wittenberg 16
- We better have every back-up playing next week.

SIU 38
EIU 21
-SIU looks good

SeMS 28
Kansas 34

SDSU 44
Cal Poly 18
-Here is the team to beat in the MVFC

Toson and Sam Houston were blown out scoreless by LSU and WVa. Kind of scarey for us next year.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Other Scores of Interest
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »
Why do you constantly insist SDSU is the team to beat each year when NDSU is winning national championships?  SDSU doesn't have the skill players from my observation (outside of Zenner)

Lets_Talk

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 09:26:17 PM »
NDSU is the favorite in the MFVC until another team proves they can dethrone NDSU. And, I would say the same of NDSU in regards to winning another NC. Not saying they will win the NC, or even mae the NC game. But, until they miss the playoffs, or get beat in the playoffs, they remain the standard bearer in FCS. After 2 games this season, no reason to believe there will be a significant drop-off for NDSU this year.

Here is one score of interest left out:

Indiana State 49 - Tenn Tech 14

Indy QB was 26 of 34 for 383 yards, and 3 TD's. Also ran for a TD.
Indy's leading receiver had 6 catches for 199 yards... They have a 6'5" TE who caught 5 passes... TE over the middle is hard to defend, and seems next to impossible for YSU to defend.

Leading rusher had 77 yards and 3 TD's on only 9 carries
2nd leading rusher, 51 yards on 17 carries
Indy ran for 160 yrds

ANY team that has a legitimate passing threat can cause headaches for YSU. And, unlike the past 4 years, YSU does not have Kurt Hess at QB and a high powered offense to help win high scoring games.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 04:25:13 PM »
Why do you constantly insist SDSU is the team to beat each year when NDSU is winning national championships?  SDSU doesn't have the skill players from my observation (outside of Zenner)

It looks more and more that Klieman is not going to change anything at NDSU, so you may be right again ...ESPN sure thinks so as they return to Fargo again next week. Since I do not think NDSU will repeat as MVFC champs ...SDSU is my choice.