Author Topic: Tressel accepts job as YSU President in principal  (Read 24853 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Tressel accepts job as YSU President in principal
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2014, 09:14:22 PM »
Agreed Observer. However, take it one-step further:

1. YSU has improved academically over the past few years, STEM certification, business and education accreditation. The campus is virtually unrecognizable, as compared to when I began attending in the 80s. It is twice as large.

2. Tressel needs and wants to be out of the national spotlight to have an impact (as president) at YSU. So he has no need (nor concern) for that attention. He needs to be a local favorite and accessible. As to ESPN ...I am confident they feel Tressel is back down where he belongs and never should have left in the first-place ...YSU. So coach T is now President T ...and ESPN will go on moving our sports coverage down from ESPN2, to ESPN3. All the while loving their new SEC head-coach and media outlet voting puppet in Columbus.

Nice post.

As to the thought that JT will not help our national image, I do not see that as a being an issue, Not too many kids in Utah thinking about coming here. BTW I do not agree that he helps or hurts our national image anyway. We are basically a regional school. 
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne