Author Topic: Fun to watch  (Read 8774 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Fun to watch
« on: December 20, 2013, 09:01:52 PM »
Man that NDSU defense is fun to watch. It has to be demoralizing if you are the opposing team. They don't let you score unless they allow it in garbage time. That 7 point UNH got was on a pick 6. 

Love to watch that kind of defense.

They also ran "Dave" to the left side. Love that play.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fun to watch
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 09:37:41 PM »
Man that NDSU defense is fun to watch. It has to be demoralizing if you are the opposing team. They don't let you score unless they allow it in garbage time. That 7 point UNH got was on a pick 6. 

Agreed.

The playoff committee should be ashamed of themselves. The 3 teams NDSU has played are embarrasing. Yes, yes, yes.....we lost to NDSU badly.......and yes, yes, yes we blew our chance by tanking in the last 3 weeks. But YSU is clearly better than the 3 teams NDSU has played in the playoffs.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 09:38:56 PM by Pizza »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 09:51:33 PM »

Agreed.

Agreed!  I think easter Washinton runs away from Towson. EW will play the bizon for the NC. The CAA teams played the weakest schedule leading up to tthe semifinals.

The playoff committee should be ashamed of themselves. The 3 teams NDSU has played are embarrasing. Yes, yes, yes.....we lost to NDSU badly.......and yes, yes, yes we blew our chance by tanking in the last 3 weeks. But YSU is clearly better than the 3 teams NDSU has played in the playoffs.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 09:08:31 AM »

Agreed.

Agreed!  I think easter Washinton runs away from Towson. EW will play the bizon for the NC. The CAA teams played the weakest schedule leading up to tthe semifinals.

That's a bold statement. I believe YSU would have got their AZZ handed to them by any of the 3 teams NDSU played.  NDSU turned it up a notch for the playoff's. Just like the good old days at YSU  :'(

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 09:17:21 AM »

Agreed.

That's a bold statement. I believe YSU would have got their AZZ handed to them by any of the 3 teams NDSU played.  NDSU turned it up a notch for the playoff's. Just like the good old days at YSU  :'(

How is that a bold statement?  The CAA teams hadthe easiest schedule. Towson played slightly better that SiU did against EIU. The CAA got to play power house SE louisiana and Layfayette, Fordham!  Those teams were not as good as YSU.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 09:58:51 AM »

Agreed.

How is that a bold statement?  The CAA teams hadthe easiest schedule. Towson played slightly better that SiU did against EIU. The CAA got to play power house SE louisiana and Layfayette, Fordham!  Those teams were not as good as YSU.
This guy despises Wolford PenguinPower, therefore he will say we suck until he is gone. Been down this road before.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 05:40:19 PM »
Eastern washingtons coaches cost them that game. They were clearly the better team. If I were a player I would be pissed.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 01:05:56 PM »

Agreed.

That is stretching it. UNH would have whipped us.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 06:26:13 PM »
Thanks for kind words.  This run is fun as hell.

Obviously mvfc should get 4 teams in year in and year out

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 09:43:29 PM »

Agreed.

This guy despises Wolford PenguinPower, therefore he will say we suck until he is gone. Been down this road before.

Umm... OK. Despise is a strong word. More like a dumb ass and is not head coach material  ;) The truth. A few of the fans on here don't know their asses from a football and continue to make statements like "But YSU is clearly better than the 3 teams NDSU has played in the playoffs" "The CAA teams had the easiest schedule" etc.. How in the hell do you know?? "IF" YSU was clearly better YSU would be in the playoff's.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 09:54:13 PM »

Agreed.

Umm... OK. Despise is a strong word. More like a dumb a$$ and is not head coach material  ;) The truth. A few of the fans on here don't know their asses from a football and continue to make statements like "But YSU is clearly better than the 3 teams NDSU has played in the playoffs" "The CAA teams had the easiest schedule" etc.. How in the hell do you know?? "IF" YSU was clearly better YSU would be in the playoff's.

Just shut your pie hole. We all know you hate Wolford. I don't necessarily like him either, but nothing is as good or bad as it seems, it is somewhere in between.  The facts are that the guy has improved his record every year to this point. The jury is still out if he can win next year.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 06:14:25 AM »
First of all, congrats to NDSU on advancing to the FCS Title game for a 3rd straight season. Getting to the game even once is quite difficult, advancing for a 3rd straight year with a chance to win a 3rd straight title is incredible. Which is why only 2 schools have won 3 straight FCS titles.

As for the annual crying by YSU fans, it get's old. How did Towson get an easy run to the title game? First off, they went 10-2 in the regular season and won the CAA, which deservedly EARNED the team a 1st round buy, and home game in the 2nd round. Towson beat Fordham in their 1st playoff game. Towson then went on the road, and beat EIU. I read a comment that Towson played "slightly better" than ISU did against EIU. Well, ISU lost, Towson won by 10 in the playoffs, and had a running back set the single game FCS playoff rushing record.

Towson then went on the road again, and beat EIU. Both of these games were played in cold, snowy conditions. Towson is from Maryland, so in addition to being on the road, they were playing in weather in which Towson rarely plays. Towson beat an EWU team that won at Oregon State, and which crushed SDSU 41-17 in the playoffs.

As for NDSU, yes they have gotten some good fortune with opponents in the playoffs this season. NDSU still had to play and win those games, and their opponents had won at least 1 playoff game prior to playing NDSU. But, that kind of thing happens. Just like in 1999, when YSU(#9 seed) played their first game on the road, at #8 Montana and won. YSU then had the good fortune to play #16 seed NC A&T at home, followed by #13 seed FAMU at home.

YSU did NOT deserve to make the playoffs. Not with the loss at UNI and then the pounding by SDSU in the final game of the season, at HOME.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:18:15 AM by Lets_Talk »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »

Agreed.

Umm... OK. Despise is a strong word. More like a dumb a$$ and is not head coach material  ;) The truth. A few of the fans on here don't know their asses from a football and continue to make statements like "But YSU is clearly better than the 3 teams NDSU has played in the playoffs" "The CAA teams had the easiest schedule" etc.. How in the hell do you know?? "IF" YSU was clearly better YSU would be in the playoff's.

Just shut your pie hole. We all know you hate Wolford. I don't necessarily like him either, but nothing is as good or bad as it seems, it is somewhere in between.  The facts are that the guy has improved his record every year to this point. The jury is still out if he can win next year.

Why don't you make me shut my pie hole nana boo boo   :o  Your an embarrassment to YSU fans with your relentless ramblings and crying about who's better and getting screwed by the committee. ALSO.. I don't hate Wolford so there  :P

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 09:16:49 PM »
It's like I'm back in high school again with some of these comments lol

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 01:11:06 PM »
Eastern washingtons coaches cost them that game. They were clearly the better team. If I were a player I would be pissed.

Great topic! Yes I agree. I would have taken the delay (maybe twice) then pooched it. However, that QB missed a wide-open receiver & it happened all day. Wofford had no pass coverage. Also they said that the EWU kicker was only 5 of 12 in field goals.