Author Topic: While watching Towson/EIU Quarterfinal Football  (Read 5651 times)

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
While watching Towson/EIU Quarterfinal Football
« on: December 13, 2013, 10:33:29 PM »
I'm watching this game.

Is it me, or do both those teams look a litlle bigger/stronger/faster/more skilled/more athletic. I'm sure if we compared rosters the heights, weights, and 40 times  would be damn near equal. Why do they look better?

Maybe it's because of the video production. ESPN showing it in HD with 10 cameras, versus WKBN using two cameras, and the Squashed TV screen on My YTV, which makes 6'7 , 310 pound YSU athletes look like they are 5'10" and 350lbs.

I dunno. I'm not trying to start anything here. These teams just look faster and stronger on TV tonight than we are :).

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: While watching Towson/EIU Quarterfinal Football
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 10:39:11 PM »
And what a piece of sh** stadium EIU is. The home side looks like a bad D2 high school stadium. They visitors side is 50 yards from the field and looks to sit maybe 500 people. Jackson Milton has a larger/more desirable visitor section.....

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:42:02 PM by Pizza »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 07:40:36 AM »
To me we look equal or better than both of them. No defense either. We were hosed.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 09:00:30 AM »
Towson would run all over us and embarrass us.  We are not at that level yet.  I agree EIU's stadium was a joke.  Most of the stands were empty as well.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 09:11:14 AM »
Towson would run all over us and embarrass us.  We are not at that level yet.  I agree EIU's stadium was a joke.  Most of the stands were empty as well.

Neither team had any defense. We are in the same boat. You are correct that towson would have run all over our defense, but we would have runn all over theirs. EIU escaped SIU.  I still think we are on the same level. Neither of those teams is at EW or NDSU's level.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 12:46:55 PM »
Watching Coastal Carolina v NDSU. 17-0 NDSU with 3 minutes left in the 1st. It's early still, and anything can happen (injuries/trick plays/hell freezing over), but it appears Coastal does not belong in the playoffs.

We were clearly one of the best 24 teams in the country. We are purposefully being kept out whenever possible for past success and transgressions whether real or perceived. If the selection process (or the people selecting) doesn't change, we will never get in on a vote.

We have to win our League, which is a daunting task.

In the NCAA D1 wrestling tournament, the BIG TEN gets many, many more athletes in the National tournament, even if they place 4th, 5th or 6th in the BIG Ten qualifying tournament because it is recognized ( and clearly obvious to anyone paying attention) that the BIG 10 has vastly superior wrestling to every other conference in the country.

It's obvious in wrestling and should be with 1-AA football as well.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 12:56:08 PM by Pizza »

Offline penguin8797

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 01:33:41 PM »
We were probably at or near the top 24, which is why we missed the palyoffs. Totally disagree with Pizza's conspiracy victim viewpoint. We obviously were in the playoffs if we win just one more game; no need to win the conference but we must stop tanking every November.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »
Watching Coastal Carolina v NDSU. 17-0 NDSU with 3 minutes left in the 1st. It's early still, and anything can happen (injuries/trick plays/hell freezing over), but it appears Coastal does not belong in the playoffs.

We were clearly one of the best 24 teams in the country. We are purposefully being kept out whenever possible for past success and transgressions whether real or perceived. If the selection process (or the people selecting) doesn't change, we will never get in on a vote.

We have to win our League, which is a daunting task.

In the NCAA D1 wrestling tournament, the BIG TEN gets many, many more athletes in the National tournament, even if they place 4th, 5th or 6th in the BIG Ten qualifying tournament because it is recognized ( and clearly obvious to anyone paying attention) that the BIG 10 has vastly superior wrestling to every other conference in the country.

It's obvious in wrestling and should be with 1-AA football as well.

Agreeeeed

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 07:45:35 PM »
We were probably at or near the top 24, which is why we missed the palyoffs. Totally disagree with Pizza's conspiracy victim viewpoint. We obviously were in the playoffs if we win just one more game; no need to win the conference but we must stop tanking every November.

Tanking is something we "can control". Votes we can't. So you are correct sir.