Author Topic: Ateendance for SDSU game  (Read 12769 times)

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ateendance for SDSU game
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »
I happen to find most posts offensive when you who think that you are dedicated post about those of us who are "stay at homes"".  You have NO idea how hurtful that is to me who did miles and miles of away games.  I do realize you are not pointing a finger at me individually, but you fail to recognize individual reasons for people not attending.  Were this 5 years ago I would be making omelets in the TG lot.  My bones have exceeded 80 years, I need to take care of me.  Count your blessings, those of you who can TG and cheer.  I'd give, more than you can imagine, to be you.

GO PENGUINS

Spiderlegs

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »
I agree with Pita. The message of some of these posts is "if you don't behave the way we want you to behave at the game, you shouldn't come."  You're going to have even less people show up if everyone took these posts literally. I'll probably renew my season tickets next year (and yes, I sit out there in the cold and rain), but the tenor of these posts gives me pause. Slamming people who actually show interest in this team isn't the way to build a fan base.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 08:07:56 PM »
Televising the game does not help!!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 08:30:23 PM »
BTW...we still have season tickets, forgot to add that.  POS...though TV doesn't help, in your mind, it certainly helps me to still partake.  You too, may some day be grateful for TV coverage.  In the meantime...CHEER in the cold, in a heart beat I'd swap ages.

GO PENGUINS

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 07:28:46 AM »
Has anyone seen those MAC games on TV during the week they have no fans at the games as well?  I seen highlights of the Kent vs. Akron game and the crowd was small but the announced attendance was 20k.  They were lucky to have 10k at the game at best.  It is ashame what is going on at YSU.  Lack of students, weather, wins/losses, marketing, declining population all play a role in this.   

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 09:45:05 AM »
Has anyone seen those MAC games on TV during the week they have no fans at the games as well?

Has anyone seen those MAC games when the games are NOT on TV?  They don't have any fans either.
Friend of mine has a son that plays for Toledo and I have attended some of their games.  While better than
"some" of the YSU games I have attended, they are not great.  They have more students at the games by far, but most of those schools don't have as high a precentage of commuter students.

At one time, BGSU had a dedicated tailgate area for students.  Seemed to have a decent attendance and nobody complained about behavior or getting hit with a frisbee/beanbag.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:45:56 AM by ScarletRook »

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 10:00:32 AM »
Maybe A teen dance woud help  ;D

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 11:06:20 AM »
Does televised really matter? Pretty much anyone interested can watch most games on ESPN3.

I really dont have a problem with it being available on local over-the-air.

So we lose 1000 people who just sit there the whole game and do nothing...who cares?