Author Topic: UNI In Game Thread  (Read 91729 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UNI In Game Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2013, 08:42:31 PM »
Winning a game you have to is not in this coaching staffs skill set................. 

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »
Winning a game you have to is not in this coaching staffs skill set.................

+1000000

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2013, 08:46:54 PM »
You know when you think about the 1st series of the 2nd half you have to wonder what the hell went on in the lockerroom?  You have a 4 year starter at QB and 1 half of football completed............ Cant you script 3 plays that will catch them off guard? 

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2013, 08:54:53 PM »
These Penquin teams under Wolf and company are the very definition of "Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde". They change from good to bad quickly, consistently and without warning. All programs have gone thru a year where they had a team like that. One that frustrated fans and left coaches scratching their heads. But this program and their teams have been like this EVERY YEAR.

So one can only assume there is a deep, inherent, underlying issue that is WRONG.

Anyone got a clue as to what/who that is?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2013, 08:57:02 PM »
Does he call the plays? No that would be Mr. Montgomery who got canned from Miami (OH). Somehow he always gets a pass because his offense sets records. But when it matters..... Conservative and choke.

This is where I disagree with EVERYONE.  You're the DAMN HEAD COACH, tell your COORDINATORS what you want.  Yes, both of them sucked today....but ultimately this is a Head Coach issue, that's why he's paid the big $$$$.  This loss is solely on Wolford.....PERIOD...END OF STORY!!!

I agree with you but Wolf relies on those guys.... To a fault it seems

0505, I can appreciate, understand and respect your view....I really do.  But this isn't the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.  This being outcoached in games like this happens WAY TO often.  At some point, if Eric Wolford wants to be a big time Head Coach, he has to step up and kick his Coordinators in the a$$ when needed.  If they don't like it, remove them and let's see who's next.

I hear ya. Something has to change

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2013, 09:00:04 PM »
The team clearly lacks composure and confidence.......  There is NO calming influence and thats just the beginning of the characteristics that this TEAM lacks..........

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2013, 09:04:20 PM »
The blame is ultimately on the HC.  He recruited most of the players and all of the coaches.  UNI was better coached and better disciplined.  YSU had 9 penalties to UNIs 1.

I think Hess is a very good QB, but IMO he is not among the rank of Jaworski, Stoudt, or Brungard.  Yes he has broke Zett's career completion record, primarily due to, of course skill, but also staying healthy and starting every game.  Cal Ripken was a slightly above average baseball player who had longevity, much like Hess does in FB.  Tonight he was outperformed by the backup QB of a 5-5 team.  This loss is not his fault, but like the team as a whole, they are above average, but not Championship caliber.  I hope to be proven wrong. 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »
How'd ya like to be the guy who has to sit next to Wolford on the bus/plane flight back home??

Whoever is required to do that isn't paid enough..

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2013, 09:11:46 PM »
This coaching staff has never had this type of ADVERSITY and PRESSURE...... Its do or die......... 2 games to go.   Can you rally the team to bigger things.........?  I guess we shall see.....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:15:34 PM by goodnews »

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2013, 09:18:50 PM »
What does everyone think about if YSU loses these last 2.  Do they deserve to be in??  I don't think so.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2013, 09:24:01 PM »
I think the committee loaths for every opportunity they get to leave YSU out .....  I cant imagine this year will be any different. 

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »
Very interested to see what Scalzo writes after this game. 

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2013, 09:47:14 PM »
What does everyone think about if YSU loses these last 2.  Do they deserve to be in??  I don't think so.

If they lose the last 2 games...........It's really two questions. 1) Do they "deserve" or have they "earned the right" to be in?.........probably not based on how voters think. And 2) Is YSU one of the best 24 teams in the FCS?.......probably yes. Probably one of the best 16 the last 3 years.., but because of their "Jekyll and Hyde" nature. they give voters every reason to leave them out.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:53:52 PM by Pizza »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2013, 09:48:37 PM »
No what stinks is that we will get in and we are not any good. Simply put, this team needs to go 2-0 over the next two weeks for anyone to have any respect for them. I knew when we hired this chump we would be spending at least another 5 or 6 years to have a decent team. I thought he was going to have a short leash?

I am tired of having no power game on offense. I am tired of no depth on either line. I am tired of little running backs being launched out of a slingshot. I am tired of our corners being beat. I am tired of seeing our corners cross the line of scrimmage. Up until this year I was tired of no tackling ...we have certainly improved.

heck I am so proud of our nickle package today. I mean UNI was in the red zone in 2 or 3 plays ever time; then they would show why they lost 5-in-a-row. Our red zone package was never off the field in the second half. They were tough, so why did Tracy not show that intensity before they got in the red zone? Simply unacceptable and I am tired of it.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2013, 09:49:47 PM »
I was going to vent against the team and coaching, but how can you blame them for not being focused? To be honest most of the fans on this board read and posted to lakesbison's thread of NDSU that was started on oct. 28th. 12 days before we played NIU! Now someone tell me I'm full of it! There is the real possibility of the penguins losing the next two and missing the playoffs. Don't think so? Wouldn't be the first time for a melt down. Is it true that Tressel will be here for the game next week?  Please tell him to stay in Akron. Let's not embarrass ourselves and him too. If THIS penguin team shows up, NDSU can name the score.......