Author Topic: Fire Tresy  (Read 56461 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Tresy
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2013, 07:24:54 PM »
The lateral TD they ran is a complete embarrassment to our program. We in an fing prevent and we let the guy get behind us? Then we play tag with them?  You have to be kidding me. There is Zero attitude on this defense. Pisses me off

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 07:26:08 PM »
Who is #1?  What a freaking retard.   Does he have any football Iq?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:52:16 PM by penguinpower »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »
This is why we will have two wins in a row & still have every fan doubting the team  ...every opponent confident in a win. Because we cannot put the conference basement team away.

Offline WelcomeToYoungstown

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »
We're 5-1.

And don't call people retards.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2013, 11:27:34 PM »
We're 5-1.

And don't call people retards.

How about dull, dim, or backward?  You don't have to be that intelligent to realize that you CANNOT let the person you are covering get behind you in a man situation like that. How hard is it for a player to know his assignment?  We don't play assignment football on defense. It burns me up to no end that we give up multiple 20++++ yard plays every game. Last week our stellar secondary bit on a double freaking reverse that took 10 minutes to develop.  We again let receivers run free in the secondary tonight. There are no signs of improvement. The coach says the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results. Well it could be instanisty or it could be stupidity, or lack of intelligence because the kid HAS to know that he can't let the guy get behind him, or repeatedly miss assignments.  Therefore I am calling it retardedness. AND it should be paired with lack of any fire. There is absolutlely no attitude on defense. I am so bothered by it that I don't even want to watch the games.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2013, 12:35:34 AM »
The defense needs vast improvement!

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2013, 12:35:57 AM »
Power, calling out a player in that manner is unacceptable. You are a total d*****. He has enough football IQ to have gotten a D1 scholarship. Something you did not. Your weekly analysis is full of buzz words you have heard on TV. You have know idea what you are talking about and it gets old. It's not 1994. YSU is an above average team And nothing more. Stop expecting to see them perform like top tier team. Ain't happening. And stop calling out players personally. You embarrass yourself when you do that.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2013, 12:38:39 AM »
Power, calling out a player in that manner is unacceptable. You are a total d*****. He has enough football IQ to have gotten a D1 scholarship. Something you did not. Your weekly analysis is full of buzz words you have heard on TV. You have know idea what you are talking about and it gets old. It's not 1994. YSU is an above average team And nothing more. Stop expecting to see them perform like top tier team. Ain't happening. And stop calling out players personally. You embarra$$ yourself when you do that.
Couldn't have said it better myself. He looks like a damn fool each week on here.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2013, 01:13:32 AM »
Power, calling out a player in that manner is unacceptable. You are a total d*****. He has enough football IQ to have gotten a D1 scholarship. Something you did not. Your weekly analysis is full of buzz words you have heard on TV. You have know idea what you are talking about and it gets old. It's not 1994. YSU is an above average team And nothing more. Stop expecting to see them perform like top tier team. Ain't happening. And stop calling out players personally. You embarra$$ yourself when you do that.

Definitely agree with the 1994 part. People need to realize this isn't the tressel days. We're not a championship caliber team. But we are a playoff caliber team. People get so hung up on our tradition, as great as it is, but it hurts the team now so much because everybody expects them to be in the national championship every year like the 90's. It's different times friends.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2013, 08:04:19 AM »
Funny how everyone on here accepts medocrity. I don't. I expect more. If other schools can win national championships there is no reason that we cannot, especially with our tradition and facitlities.

First of all I am not using buzz words tell me when I have. . Second of all I played football from the 6th grade thu HS and, did not desire to play scholarship foorball. I have also closely  watched football for several decades so it is easy for me to see deficiencies.

Yes he is a division 1 athlete, but that doesn't mean he is a good football player.  It doesn't mean that he is playing to his potential or that he is coached to his potential. He should have been pulled out of the game.

Heacock had far better teams fundamentally.  We may have better athletes now but we don't have as many football players.

Wait until we start losing and then tell me how you feel.  I have and do invest a a lot of money into YSU football and I have also invested a lot of Saturdays and travel days watching them lose games they should win. I expect more. If you are happy with mediocrity pick another team to get behind because there are hundreds.   

BTW I didn't call out his name and I wasn't the one who started call out # 8 last year so get off of it.

I expect the team to play angry with attitude on defense. We play nice like Texas's defense. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:09:08 AM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2013, 08:25:58 AM »
I would also like to add that I would prefer to watch a team like the 2001 team that had no offense but a  fantastic defense and hald the eventual national champion WKU to 13 points. YSU scored only 7 that game, but that is a better game to me even if the offense was inept.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2013, 10:41:01 AM »
I would also like to add that I would prefer to watch a team like the 2001 team that had no offense but a  fantastic defense and hald the eventual national champion WKU to 13 points. YSU scored only 7 that game, but that is a better game to me even if the offense was inept.
Okay, you go ahead and ask for an inept offense just so we can have an above average defense... Why don't you go complain to Strollo that you want Heacock back?

5-1 and all you do is complain.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »
Being 5-1 doesn't show a need to fire a DC. The season will show how we ultimately do. I'm still concerned that we don't have all the personnel we need and the schemes used are for trying to stop Spread Os. Just look at the trouble Northwestern gave to OSU D yesterday. Game has changed in many respects and so has Ds trying to stop today's Os.

Should it come time to can someone, I'm not shy about saying so...............lol.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2013, 11:49:28 AM »
Who is #1?  What a freaking retard.   Does he have any football Iq?

Really really not cool
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2013, 12:07:47 PM »
Okay, you go ahead and ask for an inept offense just so we can have an above average defense... Why don't you go complain to Strollo that you want Heacock back?

5-1 and all you do is complain.
Don't think it has not already been said Valley. Coach H's 10-years were a lot more fun to watch than the past 4.