Author Topic: Fire Tresy  (Read 56367 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Fire Tresy
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »
Who wrote that article power? "West Coast"passing game? LOL. What NDSU team is he talking about? I did not see anything that resembles a west-coast offense. They simply ran into a defense that could not stop them. They ran the ball and threw to their big guys.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2013, 09:04:50 AM »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2013, 09:10:07 AM »
When they"saw some things" and were then able to do those things with lots of success-that is a nice way of saying you were outcoached.

NDSU had 24 first downs and went 6 of 9 on 3rd down and they were 0-0 on 4th downs.

We on the other hand had 17 3rd downs and we went 3 of 13 on 3rd down and we were 3 of 4 on 4th down.

That means that on offense we did not get a single 1st down without having to use 3 or 4 downs to move the chains. The fact that they had only 9 3rd down conversions with 24 first downs means that they were able to get a 1st down using only first or second down 62.5% of the time.  They were able to convert 15 first downs without ever getting to 3rd down. It is so evident in their yards per play. They averaged 7.54 yards per play on an absolute basis (mixing of run and pass).   The  backbone of their team is defense, which Bohl stated, and the less emphasized part of their team pushed us around without being flashy  and we didn't do anything schematiclly to help ourselves. I saw twice yesterday when they line up with an unbalanced line and the LB's didn't move over to help out. That is coaching to me. You would think that after nearly 2 years (or 1 year and almost and entire season) that the LB's would know what to do in that situation and that is why I blame coaching.

Those are some telling stats.  If we played them 10 times we could not beat them 10 times with stats like that.  The fans had to get loud on 3rd down only 9 times during the game and the team only stopped 3 of those. I think they only punted twice.   Our defense is just not good enough. I hope coach  learns that defense wins championships. He got a free clinic on why you need a kick a$$ defense. I am unimpressed with the secondary, DL and LB coaches. I am also unimpressed with Tresey's scheme or back-yard football defense. I want a scheme that we can recruit players to and I don't want a defense that limits the opponents damage, I want a defense that damages the opponent. Good grief.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2013, 10:03:36 AM »
We just lost to the best team in FCS without our star qb--the only logical thing to do now is fire everybody! ;)

Spiderlegs

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2013, 02:03:18 PM »
Not sure I agree with the firing Tresey motif just yet.  There's some evidence for, and some against.

Against Firing: Against NSDU, YSU frequently used five-man fronts as opposed to its customary use of four, and the D still couldn't get to the opposing QB.  In other words, the coach changed the game plan in a sensible way, and the players couldn't execute. The quality of the recruit is partially a Tresey issue, but his best people would just be freshmen this year.

Also, I'm more willing to give Tresey a pass on the DBs than others. The zone defense has been creating some holes for easy passes, but it has also created some turnovers. Certainly part of the issue here is the defensive line: If there is no pressure on the QB, the receiver only needs a step to the DB to get burned.  Pretty easy for a YSU DB to get burned.

For Firing: The linebackers are positioned too far back from the line.  Normally they should fill the gaps. Against the YSU defense, an opposing RB has a couple of yards to pick up speed before hitting the LBs. Makes the tackling much harder. Looks like bad strategy from an alleged defensive genius.

Undecided: The tackling against NSDU was atrocious. Actually, it wasn't tackling--it was more like run into an opposing player and hoping he falls down. Not sure if it's the coaches not teaching how to tackle or the players not learning it. However, this mess is on Tresey's watch, and he is responsible for fixing it.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2013, 10:18:33 PM »
We just lost to the best team in FCS without our star qb--the only logical thing to do now is fire everybody! ;)

+1 ^^ Plus the AD  :)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2013, 10:25:41 PM »
Red -- the AD should have been fired long ago.  ;)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2013, 03:00:10 PM »
 Ugh.............. :-[ :'(

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2013, 03:04:27 PM »
Sammarone said that our defense is like magnets to their OL. Magnets.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2013, 03:07:51 PM »
You have to wonder what these coaches do for 6 days leading up to the game?

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2013, 04:34:58 PM »
Whoever isn't convinced that Tresey is terrible, just doesn't watch this team play.  How this guy even has a job is beyond me.  FIRE HIM, first thing tomorrow morning after we've been told there will be no playoffs.  Shortly after him, Montgomery followed by Wolford.  They ALL need to go!!!

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2013, 04:38:58 PM »
Fire him and the whole staff. That was ridiculous.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »
Maybe we should consider ourselves lucky..... Georgia Southern ran the ball down the throats of the University of Florida Gators to the tune of 429 yards....... and a 26-20 Victory......

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »
Fire him and the whole staff. That was ridiculous.

+1^^ take the AD water boy and the ball girl with them  :-[

Spiderlegs

« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2013, 10:20:57 PM »
Defense was definitely not ready today and appears to be getting progressively worse over the past four weeks. No formation adjustments to deal with Zenner.