Author Topic: Fire Tresy  (Read 56366 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Tresy
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2013, 11:22:05 PM »
Horrible, absolutely horrible. What does this old raggedy man do all week??? CAN'T EVEN TACKLE.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »
Defense was definitely not ready today and appears to be getting progressively worse over the past four weeks. No formation adjustments to deal with Zenner.

They didn't get any worse.. The competition got better  :-\ YSU loaded up one of the weakest schedules ever on the front end in hopes that the team would be clicking on all cylinders by the end and it wasn't. I'm too lazy to check but "IF" I'm' not mistaken out of the 8 wins YSU beat 3 teams with an above .500 record.. Two of them are the blind center and Jerry's kids  ::)

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »
Something I have noticed the last few games...Coach Sims has the D-line on the sidelines talking with them and Coach Tresey just steps in front and starts his rant.  I don't understand this.  I remember the statement that what made Tresey a top coach was that his is a "blue-collar, pack your lunch, go to work everyday coach" but doesn't Sims have NFL experience?  Our type of defense worked well at UCLA because their offense could score 80 points to offset the opponents 70.

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2013, 10:40:07 AM »
How about now?
Relax and breathe! We finally made adjustments and looked really good in the 2nd half on defense. Kudos to the coaching staff.... because it was UGLY in the 1st half.

I am not trying to be rude but the game was over at halftime.  Its hard to quantify any "adjustments" at that point.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2013, 11:28:11 AM »
How about now?
Relax and breathe! We finally made adjustments and looked really good in the 2nd half on defense. Kudos to the coaching staff.... because it was UGLY in the 1st half.

I am not trying to be rude but the game was over at halftime.  Its hard to quantify any "adjustments" at that point.

I've been biitching about the defense all year. That post was from Sept 28th. I have resurrecting this thread neary every game.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2013, 11:59:14 AM »
Sorry you have no idea. You pointed out the obvious.. This team was much more screwed up than the defense. go play a few games then have an assessment that makes sense.  :o

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2013, 12:17:23 PM »
Sorry you have no idea. You pointed out the obvious.. This team was much more screwed up than the defense. go play a few games then have an assessment that makes sense.  :o

?

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2013, 12:21:10 PM »
Hopefully we will here Tomorrow of all of them resigning.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2013, 04:24:29 PM »

?

Quit beating a dead horse! The Defense is only about 30% of the problem with YSU football.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2013, 04:26:19 PM »

?

Quit beating a dead horse! The Defense is only about 30% of the problem with YSU football.

It's 75% the problem. Thy can't even do the little things.... Ya know like TACKLE!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2013, 04:29:46 PM »

?

Tell me what we are doing on defense then.  What exactly are we doing. We don't blitz, we don't do anything but hope a pass isn't completed. No one stays home either.

I fully understand that the issues are also elswhere starting with the HC, but the defensive play has shown no improvment and is unacceptable.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »

?

It's 75% the problem. Thy can't even do the little things.... Ya know like TACKLE!

LOL.. another uninformed critic. I'll give 40% at most. You think the offense and coaching only accounts for 25% of the YSU woes  :o

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2013, 04:30:39 PM »

?

Thank you!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2013, 04:42:51 PM »

?

LOL.. another uninformed critic. I'll give 40% at most. You think the offense and coaching only accounts for 25% of the YSU woes  :o

What makes you think that we don't see what you see on the field. We all know that we don't have the the line to play with the best in the FCS. We have a coach that does not always act professionally, we are undersized at many positions and many do not have football instincts. I watch rececivers stop on their routes, I watch LB's make the wrong reads and on and on. I watch out flashy offense get beatdown by elite defenses.

I see all of it. What makes you think Tresy is any good?

You must know everything then. I pointed out earlier that the defense cost us some games and you disagreed. Well I understand that the offense is also responsible, but the last game we had. We had only 45 snaps?  They had 54 rushing snaps alone. That means your defense cannot get off the field. 41 minute TOP and they converted more 1st downs on 1st ans 2nd down than they did on 3rd down. They didn't need a 3rd down last week. They would have beaten us on 2 downs. How many punts did they have?  2?

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2013, 05:05:54 PM »
Again... YSU has had 4 years of recruiting Offense and all the intangibles to build a spread west coast style of football. Totally ignoring the defensive side of the ball. I never said Tresy was any good. what do you want him to do with the soft athletes he has to put on the field??  Look at the 2014 commitments already on the board... Already looking like the offense will dominate this recruiting class.  The problem is two fold YSU is totally inept on offense when it comes to playing any team with a decent coaching staff and some good defense. It's not that the defense can't get off the fields. It's they stay on the field because the offense is that bad, 45 snaps sounds like 3 and out and a few turn overs. Defense is a lot more complicated with the rule changes of the last several years, football is set up for a lot of scoring now. There are few teams that can accomplish the task of keeping the score low but their emphasis is defense first offense second.. YSU is currently the reverse and heading that way again in 2014.. Unfortunately this coaching staff and current crop of athletes can't out score anybody either   ;)