Author Topic: Scalzo / Kolpack Rip Big Ten Conference a New One!  (Read 4650 times)

ValleyTalk

Scalzo / Kolpack Rip Big Ten Conference a New One!
« on: September 07, 2013, 08:16:53 AM »
Excellent reads by Jeff Kolpack from the Forum of Fargo in North Dakota and Joe Scalzo of the Youngstown Vindicator.

Big Ten's Arrogance is Laughable:
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/411280/

FCS Success Can't Deny Delany's Big Ten Arrogance:
http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/sep/06/fcs-success-cant-dent-delanys-big-ten-ar/

I am no fan of Scalzo, but I will give him credit where it is due.

Offline GuinsAndNoles

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Scalzo / Kolpack Rip Big Ten Conference a New One!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 09:54:22 AM »
It's too bad we share our region of the country with that conference. Ohio State will not play a team in the top 15 this year (I think top 20 is generous), but it's FAMU they're upset about.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 11:02:48 AM »
Those of  us who remember Jim  Delaney from  his days as OVC commissioner when YSU was  in that league aren't surprised. 

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
It's too bad we share our region of the country with that conference. Ohio State will not play a team in the top 15 this year (I think top 20 is generous), but it's FAMU they're upset about.
They'll more then likley play 2-3 top 15 teams

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 02:54:20 PM »
What we need to be discussing, but we are too busy being politically-correct, is why OSU is paying FLAMU $900k? There is no place for racism when it comes to cash. I brought this up before the season started. Most of the fan-base complained about the YSU contract at Columbus. We were given 3-games for 1.5 mil ($500k each). the OSU administration opted out of the final game & renegotiated the price for what I think was 1.2mil, but $600k compared to $900k? We are an in-state college, while OSU takes a tax-break game instead.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »
IAA Fan - I've brought up a few times that it is inexcusable for tO$U to be sending that money out of state to FAMU.  Whether YSU or an Ohio MAC school, that money needs to stay in state.  Our state legislators needed to be all over that one.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 01:04:27 AM »
O$U had somebody back out on them relatively late this year and, in their defense (hard to admit because of my intense hatred for them), they did call us but we already had the Michigan St game scheduled and it would have cost us a great deal of money to get out of it so they eventually scheduled FAMU.