Author Topic: NDSU 24 Kansas State 21  (Read 6660 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
NDSU 24 Kansas State 21
« on: August 30, 2013, 11:55:27 PM »
18 play 8 & 1/2 minute drive to score with 28 seconds left. What a drive it was.

ValleyTalk

Re: NDSU 24 Kansas State 21
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 12:22:16 AM »
18 play 8 & 1/2 minute drive to score with 28 seconds left. What a drive it was.
They are unbelievable. Glad I recorded the game. What a terrific performance on national tv on FoxSports1. It is games like these that are huge for FCS football.

Go Bison from this YSU fan!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 12:48:42 AM »
Yes, hard to watch after our game struggles. Great job by NDSU. Although my $$$ is on SDSU to win the MVFC this year.

Offline GuinsAndNoles

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 12:55:22 AM »
They've got it figured out. That's some program.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 07:57:19 AM »
I actually watched the whole game on Cable TV. The last drive was very impressive. Their QB made quick decisions and executed the plays well. His passes got to the receivers at the moment when they got the separations. If we do not pressure him in our game, it is going to be a long day.

I also focused on our receivers and Hess during the Dayton game. It was not true that our receivers did not get the separations. The problems were that Hess was very indecisive in throwing the ball. He did not throw the ball to the receivers when they created the separations. He held on the ball and kept looking until the receivers were covered again. A few times that the receivers were truly open, he either over threw them by 10 yards or 5 feet over their heads.
I do not know if it was him or the coaching to cause him to hold on to the ball for that long. When he finally decided to throw the ball, he was often pressured resulting in inaccurate throws. He also had troubles and difficulties in reading the defense to pick up the secondary receivers. This should not happen to a 4 year starting QB.
In the Dayton game, the game plan must have called for not throwing to the TE or RB. This was so different from last few years. It must be done internationally so not to reveal all our plays.
I hope we will keep improving so we will have a good match up against NDSU at the end of the season. Our DB and safeties were so lost out there during Dayton’s TD drive. It was truly pathetic.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 08:20:06 AM »
Congrats to NDSU. They played hard every down and never gave up. Gutty perfromance to come back and win. They never belive they are out of a game. Bill Snyder said that the play ver, very hard. Hard not to love that.

We on the otherhand lose focus. Wtf? Lol!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 09:03:20 AM »
Great for the MVFC.  NDSU is clearly leaps and bounds ahead of the other MVFC teams and FCS.  They would probably win the MAC, Sun Belt with no problem.   Our game with them in November may be ugly unless we improve drastically. 

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 10:17:54 AM »
Wow! What a game between NDSU and Kansas St. I watched the game on Fox Sports. NDSU has a complete team, but I liked the way they never gave up. Brock Jensen was on a mission, he threw strikes over the middle on slant plays and made some gutsy runs on 3rd downs.

They are coached well by Snyder and company, we must improve considerably during the season to get a win over them. NDSU proved they can indeed win against FBC schools, their 4th win against FBC schools in 4 years.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 04:03:36 PM »
A watched a little of this game but not the ending.  I was surprised but hardly shocked.  Watching NDSU is like watching us during the Tressel years.  Physical football.  Running the ball against anybody.  Stopping the run as the top defensive priority.  From the little I saw of Kansas State, it was clear that Wolford has copied his mentor almost completely.  Emphasis upon offense with more finesse than power.  Defense as a second priority.  It was hard to watch NDSU complete passes over the middle without thinking of our defense for the last three years.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 08:23:01 PM »
You are so absolutely correct Wick

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »
A watched a little of this game but not the ending.  I was surprised but hardly shocked.  Watching NDSU is like watching us during the Tressel years.  Physical football.  Running the ball against anybody.  Stopping the run as the top defensive priority.  From the little I saw of Kansas State, it was clear that Wolford has copied his mentor almost completely.  Emphasis upon offense with more finesse than power.  Defense as a second priority.  It was hard to watch NDSU complete passes over the middle without thinking of our defense for the last three years.

And who does that also resemble now besides NDSU???...... The back to back national champions Alabama.