Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 13919 times)

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Injuries
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 07:56:53 AM »
I think RS Freshman David Rivers has taken Dale's place at corner and RS Freshman Jameel Smith is at FS along with Freshman Kenny Bishop who was backing up at SS but now will get starting reps along with Josh Garner.

That's odd, I would have though Childs and Boatwright would be 1st team after Dale. Anyone know if those 2 are healthy or has Rivers just won the spot?

Rivers is playing good. He's a bigger corner. Just young..... Boatwright is the starting nickel DB so I'm pretty sure they left him there

Thanks for the info 05...sounds like those 3 will be OK.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 01:16:50 PM »
Don't worry about Peterman as he was just arrested according to news reports.  Another local player bites the dust again. 

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 03:26:48 PM »
This is really a minor issue in my book.  It is not like he assulted someone, or got caught with drugs etc.

WARREN — A Youngstown State University defensive back was arrested and arraigned Tuesday on a traffic warrant from 2012.

Dale Peterman was arrested Tuesday morning and taken to the Trumbull County Jail. He was arraigned later that afternoon before Judge Thomas Gysegem of Warren Municipal Court on charges of possession of marijuana, speeding, driving under suspension and driving without a seat belt, all misdemeanors. He was released from the jail shortly after his arraignment on a personal-recognizance bond.

Court records show the charges were entered into the system May 15, 2012, and Peterman entered not-guilty pleas on May 18, 2012, but he did not show for his next court date. A judge issued a warrant for his arrest July 23, 2012.

Peterman’s next court date is 1:30 p.m. Aug. 27.

Peterman is a junior who played in all 11 games for the Penguins last season, according to the school’s website, and he played at Ursuline High School in Youngstown.

Peterman also had a failure-to-appear warrant for Girard Municipal Court for charges from Liberty police of driving under suspension, child restraint and improper display. Court records show those charges were entered Jan. 2 and Peterman pleaded not guilty to those charges Jan. 8, but he failed to show for a Feb. 13 court hearing. A warrant was issued for him on Feb. 14.

Court records show Peterman posted a $2,500 bond in that case and is due back in court at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 28.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 04:01:31 PM »
Peterman needs to go.  A man shows up and faces the music and takes responsibility for his actions.  He is a coward and basically sneaked around to avoid the law and it seems that the coaches either covered this up or didn't follow up. (I can see if it was once, but what 3 times}   I am disappointed in Peterman, Wolford and YSU football. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 06:07:06 PM »
I saw nothing related to drugs. These are traffic violations.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 06:26:39 PM »

From the article you posted

He was arraigned later that afternoon before Judge Thomas Gysegem of Warren Municipal Court on charges of possession of marijuana, speeding, driving under suspension and driving without a seat belt, all misdemeanors. He was released from the jail shortly after his arraignment on a personal-recognizance bond.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 04:25:13 AM »

From the article you posted

He was arraigned later that afternoon before Judge Thomas Gysegem of Warren Municipal Court on charges of possession of marijuana, speeding, driving under suspension and driving without a seat belt, all misdemeanors. He was released from the jail shortly after his arraignment on a personal-recognizance bond.

I totally glanced over that one. Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like he wants to be a ghetto thug like so many other athletes these days.  Is it really that difficult to get through college without being arrested?  My thought on this original article sort of reminded me of when I was in college. I remember a time when I didn't have enough money for license plates on my car so I let them expire (I prioritized that the insurance was more important from a risk standpoint). I had an unplanned expense when the head gasket on my POS chrysler product failed. At the time it cost me $900 to replace the head because the cooling jacket cracked (I will never buy a Chrysler again). A week later I was stopped for expired plates and was embarrassed about it. I ended up going to court and the judge made me pay the fine and the court costs.

When he asked me why I was driving around with expired plates I told him that I didn't have any excuses, I just didn't have the money at the time. It was close summer break and I had intended to work to earn money during the summer to help me pay for the plates.

I tried to put myself in his shoes for a minute so maybe I was seeing only what I wanted to see. I totally missed the drugs part- never touched them myself.   
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:12:28 AM by penguinpower »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 03:22:47 PM »
Updates from camp: D'Alesio was back at practice today which is good news. Also Stephen Page is starting at center and they moved Elkins back to guard. Not sure why