Author Topic: 1st 2013 Commitment  (Read 8471 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
1st 2013 Commitment
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »
YSU got their first commitment for next year. Kenny Bishop, a 6-0 170 pound DB from Fort Myers, FL. Had 70 tackes and 6 interceptions his junior year and held a offer from Mid. Tennessee St. Welcome aboard. Good to see us getting some guys early on in the season.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:53:04 AM by ysufan0505 »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: 1st 2013 Commitment
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 06:05:43 PM »
Run away Kenny, run very fast.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »
sorry that wasn't my complete post, meant to say run Kenny if you are satisfied playing in a soft zone
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »
Got another commitment but this time in the 2014 class. Kenny Hayes, a 6-2 248 pound DE from Canton Timken. Can't find any video

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »
Got another commitment but this time in the 2014 class. Randy Hayes, a 6-2 248 pound DE from Canton Timken. Can't find any video

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 01:42:03 PM »
Justin Spencer, a 6-5 275 OT from Indiana Creek in PA has committed to us. Also played Center and DL in high school.

http://scoutingpa.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=296&Itemid=85&name=jspencer

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 12:52:27 AM »
Justin Spencer, a 6-5 275 OT from Indiana Creek in PA has committed to us. Also played Center and DL in high school.

http://scoutingpa.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=296&Itemid=85&name=jspencer

It's amazing how "high" these OT's play nowadays. Good luck to this young man. He made a good choice in picking YSU. But good Lord, sink your hips......!!!

Beating up bad defensive lineman at the PA small school level......means absolutely nothing.

1-AA's oftentimes, just recruit frames.....and not ability.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:50:32 PM »
WFMJ just tweeted that Poland kicker Connor McFadden committed to YSU.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 08:32:38 AM »

Awsome. This is a 'can't lose' choice. His dad is a Penguin legend. Since Paul works at YSU, Connor will get remission (deep discount), so it will not cost us the scholarship $$$.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 11:17:07 AM »

Awsome. This is a 'can't lose' choice. His dad is a Penguin legend. Since Paul works at YSU, Connor will get remission (deep discount), so it will not cost us the scholarship $$$.

He has a big leg but struggled some this year. We will see how things shake out

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Vindicator Story: _ Poland senior kicker Connor McFadden commits to YSU
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 07:00:50 AM »
Poland senior kicker Connor McFadden commits to YSU

Poland senior kicker Connor McFadden verbally commits to Youngstown State  By joe Scalzo
Source: Poland senior kicker Connor McFadden commits to YSU

Stories are brought to you by ysupenguins.com

Poland senior Connor McFadden is the son of former NFL kicker Paul McFadden, so let’s get the obvious question out of the way:

Has Connor ever kicked barefoot?

“Yeah, I’ve tried a few,” he said, chuckling. “It’s not that bad. I kick pretty close to the same with that.”

McFadden, who verbally committed to Youngstown State this week, will follow not just in the footsteps of his father (who kicked for the Penguins from 1980-83 before spending six barefooted seasons in the NFL with the Eagles, Giants and Falcons) but also his mother, Dianne Rappach, who played for YSU’s women’s basketball team from 1988-92. Both are in YSU’s athletic hall of fame.

“Yeah, that factored in [the decision] a little bit,” said Connor, whose high school coach, Mark Brungard, was a standout quarterback for the Penguins. “They’ve always told me it’s up to me, though. But at this point, YSU probably has the best facilities around here, so I figured it’s the best decision I could make.”

Over his three-year career, McFadden set Poland records for field goals (19) and PATs (108). He made 19 of 31 field goals in his career and had touchbacks on more than 50 percent of his kickoffs.

At YSU, he will step into the spot vacated by senior David Brown. Penguin junior Nick Liste, a punter, also handles kickoff duties and the occasional field goal, so McFadden won’t necessarily have to start as a true freshman.

Like his father, Connor grew up playing soccer. He didn’t start kicking for the football team until eighth grade. After playing both sports as a freshman — which involved practicing until 9 p.m. every night — he picked football, both because of his genes and because Friday nights are more fun than Thursdays.

“At a soccer game, there were literally like two people watching us,” McFadden said.

McFadden grew up playing Legos and building rockets, so he’s planning to major in mechanical engineering in hopes of eventually getting into the aerospace industry.

He’s also hoping to eventually gain weight. At 6-foot-2 and 160 pounds (159 without shoes), he won’t be mistaken for a left tackle any time soon.

“I’ve been lifting a lot and trying to eat a lot more,” he said. “It’s one of my main goals, to get bigger overall.

“But my dad was always one of the lightest players in the NFL. I get it from him. It’s in my genes.”
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:15:13 PM by IAA Fan »