Author Topic: NDSU v YSU Lets get it on !!  (Read 35485 times)

Offline tjbison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NDSU v YSU Lets get it on !!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 01:10:14 PM »
Hey we did you a favor last year. You got fired up after the loss and ran the table. Best watch out if you beat us this year, we just may do the same.

That would be fine because we would still take the Auto bid and likely #1 seed ;)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 09:08:59 PM »
Heck as long as we run the table, the title would be ours, seed would not matter.

Hey nice win, and good luck Sat, but both teams have a long way to go before we have anything to brag about.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysu622007

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 10:02:20 AM »
YSU better heat the busses up, people over on bisonville are predicting two touchdown victories since they have a better team this year and obviously YSU has stayed the same. :o

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 10:26:49 AM »
the first guy mnlonghorn predicted YSU 52-10  so you got that going for you.

FYI  if any of you are in fargo, Keg's & Egg's for homecoming starts at 6:30  AM   bring your big boy pants

Offline tjbison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 02:14:18 PM »
Heck as long as we run the table, the title would be ours, seed would not matter.

Hey nice win, and good luck Sat, but both teams have a long way to go before we have anything to brag about.

You missed what I meant

Offline tjbison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 06:30:35 PM »
YSU better heat the busses up, people over on bisonville are predicting two touchdown victories since they have a better team this year and obviously YSU has stayed the same. :o

Several are joking, a couple always predict blowouts for fun, don't take them all serious

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 08:01:45 PM »

You missed what I meant

It would seem so.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 12:07:48 PM »
is this your only message board?  for a #1 v #3  it sure is dead!

thats ok,  we still like you guys!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 12:56:50 PM »
I guess we still like you as well.   8)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 01:01:02 PM »
There's another one, but it does not have much activity either.  Most Guin fans don't fall into the message board demographic.

Offline ysu622007

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 02:00:26 PM »
lakes and tj, I've been tryin to join your conversation on bisonville but they still haven't activated my account. How long does it take usually?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »
Good point ysuguins4. We have a strong following, but there is some unusual fear that keeps people from posting. We have about 850 users (have to assume 25% are SPAM), we average almost 200 unique readers a day. About 280 actually, but at least 50 of those are robots. Yet we average only about 11.2 unique posters a day. The average person spends over 35-minutes here ...which is a very long time for a board. My suspicion is that we have a number of regulars that stay on most all the time.

My biggest concern is that people are locked out & cannot figure out how to retrieve their password. Like any board, I think the product is most important. When the team does well ...so does the board. For example, last year's posts during basketball season were at an all-time high ...so was our team's record.

I expect this week to be very slow on the board until Friday ..as people are scared the team is not for real & this is our first true contest. With Pitt & UNI, there was an expectation of a loss, with Valpo and Albany there was an expectation to win. This game tells how far we have really come.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 03:04:10 PM »
The Bison, the defending FCS Champion, rank in the top eight nationally in six defensive categories and lead the country in total defense and scoring defense. NDSU has won nine straight games since the Penguins' victory last year in Fargo.

YSU leads the all-time series with the Bison by a 4-2 margin. All six all-time meetings have all been decided by one possession, and the road team has won the last three contests, including victories by the Penguins in the Fargodome in 2009 and last year. The YSU victory last year - 27-24 on Nov. 12 - was the lone blemish on North Dakota State's record. The Bison went 14-1 for the campaign and won its last five after being upset by the Penguins.

Offline tjbison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 03:07:33 PM »
lakes and tj, I've been tryin to join your conversation on bisonville but they still haven't activated my account. How long does it take usually?

What's your screen name maybe I can send a pm to speed it up, I'm not sure how long it takes did you click the activation email link
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:09:39 PM by tjbison »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 09:21:30 AM »
Well folks ...it is Wednesday ...what do you think about the game. Predictions and what do we have to do in order to win this game? I have two answers this week:

1. If it is a shootout ...YSU wins. 45-42
2. If many of you cannot believe that NDSU will give up that many points, you are probably correct. So NDSU wins 31-14.

Actually if you watch that commercial that they posted on here ...the man is correct in his assessment of YSU ...way off on NDSU. Line play will loom large for us. Everyone now knows how poor our special teams coverage is, and everyone is running the ball out of the end-zone. Our guys still (after 4-weeks) slow down in pursuit, thinking the receiver will "take a knee". Conversely, Stubbs was dropped at the 20 consistently last week. He should be taking a knee himself.