Author Topic: Rant: Sports Network Week-6 Preview  (Read 3379 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Rant: Sports Network Week-6 Preview
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »
Well, each week, they have a write up on a particular contest. SO what do they choose to write about this week? The battle between #1 & #3 in the nation? The battle between two of the top-3 teams in the MVFC? The battle between two top-10 rushing defenses; conversely two of the top-5 full-scholarship teams offenses in the nation? The game being Televised on ESPN2? A game featuring the reigning national champs, against the only team to beat them in the past two-seasons (this and last)? A game featuring two FCS teams that both easily handled FBS oppositions?

WOW, seems like a "no-brainer" to me. Maybe people may want to read about this one ...tell us more. Gee sports network, show me why you are the only real coverage for I-AA/FCS available on-line ...by previewing such a potentially epic early-season match-up! Ohh ...wait ...there is an even better team to write the weekly preview about. Why Towson State is an amazing 2-2 ...we need to tell the "FCS nation" about this! Ah there is the NDSU vs. YSU preview ...right below the paragraph about the Columbia Lions ..a team that may stand a chance to not finish at the bottom of the Ivy League this year ...can't miss that one!

How many times are you going to use the phrase "what Towson did against the Tigers" ...referring to their game with LSU? HEY, I have some news for you ...Towson State is also the Tigers!!!!!! SO please learn how to write a HS paper ...then try a column with some continuity! Alright, the site has two columnists ..let's check the other ...

SUPRISE!!!! It is an article featuring Appy State. Why I never would have thought that ASU would ever receive any coverage from the Sports Network ...can you?

I guess sometimes the term "rag" truly fits.

GO GUINS ...BEAT the Bison!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:38:57 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Rant: Sports Network Week-6 Preview
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
At least they took a week off pumping up the CAA and gave it to Appy.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:38:06 AM »

Not really ...one columnist was CAA (the Towson/JMU preview), and the other was Appy.

That is why I am ranting.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 02:22:30 PM »

Not really ...one columnist was CAA (the Towson/JMU preview), and the other was Appy.

That is why I am ranting.

Yeah I know....trying to be eye-rollingliy ironic.

MVFC needs to win multiple NC's to put an end to this nonsense. If it was 1 vs. 3 in CAA or SoCon you wouldn't hear the end of it...and guarenteed the loser would not drop more than 1 spot in the polls.