Author Topic: YSU releases depth chart  (Read 14147 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: YSU releases depth chart
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 05:28:53 PM »
If I am wrong, I freely admit I am wrong. No biggie. What is a biggie is playing for a team that will not allow me the opportunity to move up on the depth-chart. I still do not think this is the case here at YSU ...but it is possible.

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »
If I am wrong, I freely admit I am wrong. No biggie. What is a biggie is playing for a team that will not allow me the opportunity to move up on the depth-chart. I still do not think this is the case here at YSU ...but it is possible.

nowhere did i say players were not allowed to move up on the DC. i said its just not going to change from week to week, unless a player has an outstanding preformance in games or practices, but its not going to change from week to week like baseball lineups just for the fun of it, coaches stick with what works best and thats why we wont see changes this week because of the Pitt game. Hell i won 3 NCs at my school and 1 year the line-up never changed outside of injuries, yet we went 15-0
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 05:33:26 PM by KentStGuin15 »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 05:50:39 PM »
Then I think we are on the same page. Injuries, and performance are it. Noted exceptions like senior day, or traveling to a players home town, etc. I would be against anything else. Like I said, you need to establish some consistency. BTW, YSU has always released the current week's depth-chart at (or around) 4p on Wednesday's ...today was not an exception.

Injuries played a part here, but this week's changes are:

Nate Adams added to depth chart.
Disher over Williams at WR3
Williams over Gardner at FS
Gardner playing both FS and SS this week.
Charles over Williams at NB
Williams over Strickland at DE
Moss over Kroma at NT
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:03:31 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 10:50:05 AM »
An updated depth chart is released every week with the game notes.  The offense's chart remained fairly steady the past two seasons, but because of our bad defense their's was more volatile.  The coaches appear to have more confidence in the defense this year, so their depth chart should remain mostly the same throughout the season. 

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 11:31:28 AM »
Then I think we are on the same page. Injuries, and performance are it. Noted exceptions like senior day, or traveling to a players home town, etc. I would be against anything else. Like I said, you need to establish some consistency. BTW, YSU has always released the current week's depth-chart at (or around) 4p on Wednesday's ...today was not an exception.

Moss over Kroma at NT

DJ Moss is no surprise.  He has contributed the last 2 years.  TOugh kid. 
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 11:33:48 AM »

Moss over Kroma at NT

All those are backups so not a big deal. I knew Disher would pass up Williams. Bigger kid at 6-4, better hands. Just better WR overall