Author Topic: Kurt Hess and the Draft  (Read 8145 times)

Offline MentorViking

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Kurt Hess and the Draft
« on: April 29, 2012, 01:44:26 AM »
after watching the draft the last 3 days i sat and realized, i think Hess would have been the 4th QB off the board, maybe to Seattle who took Russell Wilson in the 3rd round. i think he honestly might consider leaving after this year if he has a good year because its going to be a very very weak draft class and he could go as high as the 2nd round. you have 4 guys who look like 1st round potential then the rest look pretty average. i think it would be very tempting for him to stay if he gets told he has a 2nd or 3rd round grade.

Offline Iceman

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Hess and the Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 05:28:17 PM »
I see you're into the wacky weed again

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:37:07 PM »
Having had the pleasure of coaching many of these juniors and seniors in the weight room.....when they were "raw"...fresh-eyed "frosh".....

I have nothing but good things to say about guys like Hess, Cook, Herdman, Dom Rich (Canfield), ..Radack......et al..

Have a great senior season....GET A RING!!!

My BAD........EARN......a RING..!!!!

No one "deserves" anything....the only thing you "deserve"......IS WHAT YOU EARN...!!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:42:30 PM by Pizza »

Offline MentorViking

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 09:17:48 PM »
I see you're into the wacky weed again

its ok, this isnt the only thread you fail at being able to hold an intelligent responce or conversation, its become expected of you to know nothing

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 09:45:51 PM »
Hess is an excellent QB and probably will go down as YSU's best. That being said, Russell Wilson is infinitely superior. If Hess decides to leave after next season, he better have graduated because he ain't getting drafted early. He would be lucky to get picked up as a free agent after 4 seasons.

Offline MentorViking

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 01:01:48 AM »
Hess is an excellent QB and probably will go down as YSU's best. That being said, Russell Wilson is infinitely superior. If Hess decides to leave after next season, he better have graduated because he ain't getting drafted early. He would be lucky to get picked up as a free agent after 4 seasons.

absolutley zero of that is true. you're talent evaluation skills are pretty terrible. he's a lock for at worst day 2 pick. size, strong arm, accurate, mobile, smart. Wilson is a pretty bad QB, weak arm, completes 28% of his passes when he rolls left, and struggles to make throws into coverage or under pressue.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 03:04:55 AM »

absolutley zero of that is true. you're talent evaluation skills are pretty terrible. he's a lock for at worst day 2 pick. size, strong arm, accurate, mobile, smart. Wilson is a pretty bad QB, weak arm, completes 28% of his passes when he rolls left, and struggles to make throws into coverage or under pressue.

Russell Wilson has a weak arm??? Wow you must have not watched any of their games this year. The kid has a rocket arm. I'm the biggest YSU fan but Hess should not leave after this year. He should stay and fill out his career. This is the FCS remember that. YSU doesn't play the greatest competition. Not denying he isn't a great QB, i think your just hyping him up a little too much.

Offline Iceman

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
Viking doesn't have a clue about ANYTHING!  Anyone who actually reads his/her crap and believes it is a fool. 

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 02:55:57 PM »
Getting drafted high for a FCS quarterback is a tall task.

In the last 10 NFL drafts, 12 FCS quarterbacks and 1 Division II quarterback have been drafted.

Only three of those have been in the first four rounds:

1st Round - 2008 - Joe Flacco Delaware - Pitt transfer

2nd round - 2006 - Tavaris Jackson - Alabama A&M

3rd round - 2010 - Armanti Edwards - Appalachian State - drafted as a wide receiver.

4th round - None

Each of these guys drafted higher than the fifth round exhausted their college eligibility.  Flacco and Jackson were fifth year seniors when drafted.

Only 1 FCS quarterback was drafted this year - Coleman from Chattanooga went in the 7th round.  No FCS quarterbacks were drafted in 2011.

For Hess as a FCS quarterback to come out with eligibility remaining and be drafted in the second or third round would be something not done in the last decade.

In fact, prior to 2003 the only other FCS quarterbacks drafted in the first three rounds since Steve McNair went in the first round in 1995 were Josh McCown (3rd round - 2002) and Giovanni Carmazzi (3rd round - 2000).

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:56:42 PM by ysuindy »