Author Topic: 2012 Football Schedule officially announced  (Read 23151 times)

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Football Schedule officially announced
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 08:16:52 PM »
UNI is doing the right thing by having two money games. It not only brings in a lot of money, but it will give a great boost to future recruiting. Players want the chance to play BCS schools especially Penn State/Ohio State and the likes. It will give far more media exposure and possible TV appearences.

YSU should schedule two money games a year, maybe they might just win one and get national recognition. Many schools like Boise State did this and look where they went. They may only play 5 home games, but they will make far more money with the extra money game than having 4,000 at a home game in inclement weather.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 10:54:11 PM »
I suggested in the past about scheduling 2 money games and everyone thought it was crazy.  It makes sense if you think about the playoff expansion and parity in many of the leagues.  YSU would have most likely made the playoffs at 7-4 had they beaten MSU who by the way played 2 money games.  How do you think attendance will be at YSU games as the wagons begin to fill-up again with OSU and Urban Meyer?  Assuming the NCAA doesnt whack them with sanctions.  I understand that we have a beautiful stadium and facilities but under the current economics of state institutions you must be creative and think out of the box.  I understand the hesitation with an overly tough football schedule but why basketball doesnt schedule a minimum of 3 money games baffles me.  To date, the attendance numbers warrant serious consideration of changing how the scheduling is done in the future.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 08:05:27 AM »
We may need to schedule two money games if we can't get the people in the mahoning valley to come to the games.  Hell, I live 800 miles away and made two of them. (Where the hell were you Lecter?  This is the first year I haven't run into you)

I also think that we need to get out of this bullsh** conference.  The CAA was down this year and got 5 teams.  Patty couldn't even influence Illinois State who deserved to be in over JMU.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 03:52:25 PM »
In some ways this schedule screws YSU!? "IF" NDSU wins the NC Jan 7th the home game we're supposed to get Oct 6th could potentially be a huge draw for butt's in the seats @ the Ice Castle ??? How much $$ do we get for going to the fabulous FartnGo Dome in consecutive years  :o

2012 Schedule
Sept. 1 at Pittsburgh
Sept. 8 vs. Valparaiso
Sept. 15 vs. Albany
Sept. 22 vs. UNI*
Sept. 29 (IDLE)
Oct. 6 at North Dakota State*
Oct. 13 at Illinois State*
Oct. 20 vs. Southern Illinois*
Oct. 27 at South Dakota State*
Nov. 3 vs. South Dakota*
Nov. 10 at Western Illinois*
Nov. 17 vs. Indiana State*
Nov. 24 FCS Playoffs

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:55:11 PM by ysubigred »

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2012, 06:24:11 PM »
Pitt officially announced their 2012 schedule and the YSU Kickoff is set for 6pm...